Remove Mithila, Fahmi’s personal photos from online platforms: HC
Published: 10:25 PM, 8 December 2019 Updated: 10:25 PM, 8 December 2019
The High Court on Sunday directed Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) to remove the personal photos and videos of actress Rafiath Rashid Mithila and director Iftekhar Ahmed Fahmi from online platforms.
The court asked the BTRC to take necessary steps to remove the photos of Stamford University student Rubaiyat Sharmin Rumpa’s dead body.
The bench of Justice M Enayetur Rahim and Justice Md Mustafizur Rahman passed the order after hearing a public interest litigation filed by barrister Tahsina Tasnimin.
The court also issued a rule asking the authorities concerned to explain why the respondent’s failure to control publishing of any person’s information and clear image on online media, news portal and social media would not be declared illegal and beyond legal jurisdiction.
Secretaries to the Home Ministry, Information Ministry, Information and Communication Technology Division and BTRC have been asked to respond to the rule within four weeks.
The petitioner said everyone has a family and social status. News are being published on personal images of celebrities years after years. Personal and obscene photos are being spread on social media.
The writ was filed on November 28 to stop these practices.
A couple of photos and doctored bits of video clips of Mithila and Fahmi went viral on social networking media platforms last month.
The body of Rumpa, 22, a second-year English student of Siddheswari branch of the private university, was recovered from an alley of the area on Wednesday night.
The photos of Rumpa’s dead body were also spread on social media.
- Launch social revolution against drug abuse: President
- England earn series victory in South Africa
- UK for joint partnership with Bangladesh to combat climate issues
- Hong Kong rioters set fire on coronavirus affected house
- “Govt plans to set up public university in each district”
- BNP hatching conspiracy to foil polls: HT Imam
- One detained with weapons in Keraniganj
- Woman detained with weed in Brahmanbaria
- Iranian aircraft carrying 136 people slides onto highway (with video)
- Japanese drink swallow belly fat
- BCSIR Science Fair begins in Rajshahi
- Elias, best DC of Chattogram
- West Bengal Assembly passes resolution against CAA
- PM orders steps to return stranded Bangladeshis from China
- Carrying legitimate arms banned
- Badminton Federation isn`t refunding money to junior players
- Fire burns residence in Gazipur
- Hubei suspends passport application to curb coronavirus outbreak
- Magnitude 4.1 quake jolts in Sylhet-Sunamganj
- Sajjadul Hasan named chairman of Biman
- Bride commits suicide for disliking husband
- 11 organizations acquired ISO certificates
- DB detained drug dealer in Barhisal
- Beehives in UP building, funding for winter clothes
- DITF duration extended
- 65 platoons BGB to be deployed for city polls
- Get rid of dandruff forever!
- Awami League Secretariat meeting tomorrow
- Easy way to be fat
- Child killed in Meherpur road crash
- All News »
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- Tambadu: The man who stands beside distress Rohingya
- Facebook to boost site safety with 1,000 more UK staff
- ‘Jamalpur Express’ to be launched tomorrow
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!