Refat laid to rest
in family graveyard
Published: 08:21 PM, 27 June 2019 Updated: 08:21 PM, 27 June 2019
Rifat Sharif who was hacked to death in the main entrance of Barguna Government College publicly in front of his wife, has been buried in family graveyard while thousands people of different class and profession took part in his Namaz-E-JanaZa.
Local sources informed his namaz-e-janaza was held at his home in Burirchar UP under Barguna Sadar Upazila, at 5:30 pm on Thursday.
The autopsy of Rifat's body was completed at 12:30 pm at Barisal Sher-e-Bangla Medical College Hospital Morgue. Later, an ambulance arrived at his Barguna's house in the afternoon with the body.
Barguna Kamil (Model) Madrasa Jami Mosque’s Imran Qari Mohammad Solaiman led the Namaz e Janaza while People from all walks of ssociety, including different political parties, took part.
Rifat's father Dulal Sharif and Uncle Aziz Sharif asked for forgiveness on behalf of Rifat. At this time, they asked the blessings of Rifaat for praying from everyone.
Earlier, Barguna District Awami League General Secretary Jahangir Kabir, Local UP Chairman and Sadar Upazila Awami League President Md. Siddiqur Rahman spoke and requested the administration to bring the killers of Rifat under punishment quickly and they assured of any assistance.
Rifat was hacked to death by Nayan Bond and his associates in front of Barguna Government College on Wednesday morning. Rifat was first brought to Barguna Sadar Hospital and later to Barisal Sher-E Bangla Medical College Hospital. There he died in the afternoon. CCTV footage of the murder went viral on Facebook. The police arrested one person in this incident.
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- We must capitalise on Smith absence: Root
- Modi complains to Boris over occupied Kashmir
- Abahani beat April 25 SC 4-3
- Russell surprised to see so many journalists!
- Two kid drowns in Jashore
- Bangladesh among top 10 fastest growing freelance market
- BIDA to create 24,000 new entrepreneurs in 2 yrs
- GP appoints Jens Becker as new CFO
- Tricks to avoid snatch your bags
- Fourth JS session to begin Sept 8
- Mamata Banerjee makes tea
- Record fires in Brazilian rainforest
- Johnson, Merkel to face off in first Brexit talks
- JS resumes Sept 8
- Myanmar army clashes with rebels leave 30 dead
- 21st Aug attacks by BNP: PM
- One more dies of dengue at DMCH
- Homemade delicious `Fish Meatball`
- Forgiveness: Virtue of prophet character
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PM to induct ‘Gangchil’ tomorrow
- Mahbub Uz Zaman appointed Bangladesh Ambassador to China
- Bangladesh HP beats Sri Lanka
- Convict arrested in Companyganj
- Man killed mother-in-law
- Soil-friendly tools must deliver to farmer: AG Minister
- Saiful walked 31 days against rumors
- `Pacers need to focus more on fitness`
- 21st Aug: Drive from Bangabandhu Avenue to Sudha Sadan
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- App launches to prevent dengue
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future