Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
Published: 12:02 PM, 23 January 2020 Updated: 04:44 PM, 23 January 2020
Screenshot taken from twitter
US President Donald Trump shattered his previous record for most tweets in a day since taking office, tweeting more than 130 times on Wednesday while House Democrats made their opening arguments in his impeachment trial.
According to Factbase Feed - a data firm that tracks Trump's tweets, speeches and daily activities, the US President had tweeted 132 times as of 21:25 GMT on Wednesday in Washington, DC. That number tops his previous personal high of 123 tweets in a day that he set a little over a month ago.
Trump also set a personal record for retweets in a day as president with more than 110, according to Factbase.
The previous record of Trump for tweets on a single day during his time in the White House was set on December 12, 2019, the day the House Judiciary Committee opened its marathon session to approve two articles of impeachment against the president.
Trump set his all-time record for tweets in a day before he became president, with 161 posts in January 2015, according to Factba.se. Most of his tweeting that day was dedicated to plugging his reality television show.
Trump, who began his day in Davos, Switzerland, where he was attending the World Economic Forum, started his Wednesday morning by hammering out 41 tweets between 12 am and 1 am (17:00 and 18:00 GMT) in Washington, DC.
The vast majority of his postings to his more than 71 million followers were retweets of messages, videos and images from Republican legislators and other backers haranguing Democrats over the impeachment trial.
His barrage of tweets included plenty of incendiary posts excoriating Representative Adam Schiff, one of the House Democratic impeachment managers, and a retweet of a provocative image posted by White House social media director Dan Scavino that shows Trump walking in front of a fiery scene meant to symbolise the incineration of the "Deep State".
Factba.se said the record-breaking tweet was a retweet of Republican Senator Ted Cruz, who announced a new podcast about the impeachment trial.
Democrats kicked off their first of three days of opening arguments on Wednesday, attempting to appeal to sceptical Republican senators.
The House impeached Trump on December 18 for abuse of power related to his dealings with Ukraine and obstruction of Congress for refusing to participate in the impeachment investigation. However, Trump has denied any wrongdoing.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks