“Finance Minister of the Year”
Recognition achievement for the nation: Kamal
Published: 08:15 PM, 9 January 2020 Updated: 08:33 PM, 9 January 2020
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal said that the “Finance Minister of the Year” recognition, given to him by London-based magazine ‘The Banker’ is an achievement for the entire nation on Thursday.
“I was recognized a few days back. But, actually, I was not awarded, rather the entire nation, the people of the country and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina were awarded, it’s for all. The recognition was given considering the overall progress in the country’s economy,” he said.
The Finance Minister was briefing reporters while presiding over the day’s meeting on Cabinet Committee on Government Purchase held at the Cabinet Division at Bangladesh Secretariat.
Earlier on January 2, Kamal was named the best finance minister in the world by The Banker, a London-based business magazine, beating candidates from the Asia Pacific, America, Africa, the Middle East and Europe.
The magazine crowned Kamal with the Finance Minister of the Year for the Asia Pacific and Global Award-2020. He is the first finance minister in Bangladesh to have won such an accolade.
The Finance Minister of the Year awards of The Banker, owned by the Financial Times Group, celebrate the officials that have best managed to stimulate growth and stabilize economies.
Kamal said the growth of the country would be much better and attractive if the unutilized resources of the country could be utilized properly.
“That will be inclusive growth. To make the growth more inclusive, the marginalized families will be given preferences in the economic activities in the next five years. As a result, the country will lead towards a less discrimination balanced environment.” he added.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks