Razzak bags five to break Enamul’s record
Published: 06:09 PM, 24 April 2018
Veteran left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak surpasses Enamul Haque Jr.’s first class record of bagging five wickets the most number of times.
Razzak equaled Enamul’s haul of bagging five wickets 32 times in the first class arena during the last game. Razzak is now the record holder with 33 fifers.
South Zone’s Abdur Razzak bags five wickets as North Zone bowl out South Zone for 187 runs in the sixth and final round of the Bangladesh Cricket League (BCL) match at Khulna today.
Buoyed by the return of Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, South Zone elected to bowl first on the first day and Mashrafe got them a breakthrough early in the third over of the day as he got the scalp of Junaid Siddique.
However it was Razzak’s day once again as the left-armer took five wickets for 53 runs in 20.3 over. The middle order of North Zone were demolished thanks to the veteran’s brilliant spell.
Nazmul Hasan Shanto (50) Sohrawordi Shuvo (59) were the only notable scorers for North Zone. Spinner Saqlain Sajib also bagged two wickets for 20 runs as North Zone folded in 58.3 overs.
South Zone started their first innings brightly despite losing Soumya Sarkar in the fifth over. Anamul Haque and Imrul Kayes struck half-centuries as South Zone reached 115 for the loss of one wicket.
In another match, this time at Rajshahi between Central Zone and East Zone, Shadman Islam and Abdul Majid struck tons to propel central to 406 for four on the first day.
Shadman struck a 157-ball 112 with 11 fours and three sixes while Abdul Majid notched 159 off 182 deliveries with 18 fours and six sixes.
- Bangladesh will be Asia’s highest economic growth nation: ADB
- Adequate foodstuffs reserved in the country: Quader
- Alamgir’s 70th birthday today
- Rakib’s horrific deposition of killing wife-children like Hindi drama
- Cricketer Salma distributes food of whole week to 60 families
- Woman gives birth newborn in ‘autorickshaw’
- Little Messi’s amazing video
- Magura patient dies in isolation
- US nurses protest over corona protective scarcity
- BCB announces monetary support for employees
- DMP spraying germicide to curb coronavirus
- 1 killed as truck overturned into ditch
- China to ban eating cats and dogs
- Corona test begins in Barishal tomorrow
- Coronavirus could be under control by late April
- Coronavirus: 150 bodies recovered from streets in Ecuador
- Five new signs of coronavirus infection found!
- Rain likely at many places
- No new death from coronavirus: Health Minister
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Over 1 million people infected with coronavirus
- National Film Day today
- Ireland works on preparing graves in advance
- US Captain who raised alarm over coronavirus removed
- Body found in roadside ditch in Noakhali
- Coronavirus claims 950 lives in Spain 24 hrs
- Shakib to provide coronavirus testing kits
- 12 Bangladeshis infected with coronavirus in Germany
- Trump again tests negative for coronavirus
- Peacock walks on road sensing lockdown
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- England plans to return field by early May
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- N Korea fires missiles amid coronavirus outbreak
- Thai King self-isolates with harem of 20 women!
- 5 killed, 11 injured as truck falls into ditch in Tangail
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million