Razzak bags five to break Enamul’s record
Published: 06:09 PM, 24 April 2018
Veteran left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak surpasses Enamul Haque Jr.’s first class record of bagging five wickets the most number of times.
Razzak equaled Enamul’s haul of bagging five wickets 32 times in the first class arena during the last game. Razzak is now the record holder with 33 fifers.
South Zone’s Abdur Razzak bags five wickets as North Zone bowl out South Zone for 187 runs in the sixth and final round of the Bangladesh Cricket League (BCL) match at Khulna today.
Buoyed by the return of Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, South Zone elected to bowl first on the first day and Mashrafe got them a breakthrough early in the third over of the day as he got the scalp of Junaid Siddique.
However it was Razzak’s day once again as the left-armer took five wickets for 53 runs in 20.3 over. The middle order of North Zone were demolished thanks to the veteran’s brilliant spell.
Nazmul Hasan Shanto (50) Sohrawordi Shuvo (59) were the only notable scorers for North Zone. Spinner Saqlain Sajib also bagged two wickets for 20 runs as North Zone folded in 58.3 overs.
South Zone started their first innings brightly despite losing Soumya Sarkar in the fifth over. Anamul Haque and Imrul Kayes struck half-centuries as South Zone reached 115 for the loss of one wicket.
In another match, this time at Rajshahi between Central Zone and East Zone, Shadman Islam and Abdul Majid struck tons to propel central to 406 for four on the first day.
Shadman struck a 157-ball 112 with 11 fours and three sixes while Abdul Majid notched 159 off 182 deliveries with 18 fours and six sixes.
- Samrat-Arman taken to Rab office for interrogation
- HC orders to remove mobile tower from sensitive spot
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- EU and Britain finally agree on new Brexit deal
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 3 JMB members in 5 days remand
- FIFA to continue support for promotion football in Bangladesh
- Unnecessary bloodshed in mountains: HM
- Smart way of making Coffee to lessen weight
- PM Hasina-Modi invited for BAN-IND Test in Kolkata
- Way of cooking tasty ‘malai meat’
- Ambulance cylinder blast kills 2 in Ctg
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Ganguly on ICC`s plan to host World Cup every 3 yrs
- PM gives jersey to FIFA president
- Anti-Terrorism Tribunal’s PP Jahangir released
- 3 cops suspended for transporting mother Hilsa
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Bella Hadid, the most beautiful woman in world, says Science
- Jessia, contestant for ‘Miss Universe Bangladesh’
- Bosila militant den raid: Probe report on Nov 18
- HC’s full verdict removing mobile towers from sensitive places
- Tamim gets injured, pulled out from 2nd round of NCL
- 3 ‘New JMB’ militants detained in Gabtoli
- Brutal murder of Tuhin: Lawyers vows not to fight for accused
- Kuwait-Chattogram direct flight starts Oct 30
- Four dead in Philippine quake
- Bengali calendar changes
- 15 killed in Mexico armed clashes
- Today’s Sports on TV
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Abrar’s roommate Mizan held
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar Murder: Amit Shaha of room-2011 held
- The king who rose from the dead
- Execrable ‘Hope Diamond’
- MBBS admission test today
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- New moon king Saturn
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- BUET students’ call off protests
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Rani Mukerji calls Sheikh Hasina as mother
- Mohammadpur councilor Habibur detains
- S.Africa court rules Zuma must face corruption trial