Razzak bags five to break Enamul’s record
Published: 06:09 PM, 24 April 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Veteran left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak surpasses Enamul Haque Jr.’s first class record of bagging five wickets the most number of times.
Razzak equaled Enamul’s haul of bagging five wickets 32 times in the first class arena during the last game. Razzak is now the record holder with 33 fifers.
South Zone’s Abdur Razzak bags five wickets as North Zone bowl out South Zone for 187 runs in the sixth and final round of the Bangladesh Cricket League (BCL) match at Khulna today.
Buoyed by the return of Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, South Zone elected to bowl first on the first day and Mashrafe got them a breakthrough early in the third over of the day as he got the scalp of Junaid Siddique.
However it was Razzak’s day once again as the left-armer took five wickets for 53 runs in 20.3 over. The middle order of North Zone were demolished thanks to the veteran’s brilliant spell.
Nazmul Hasan Shanto (50) Sohrawordi Shuvo (59) were the only notable scorers for North Zone. Spinner Saqlain Sajib also bagged two wickets for 20 runs as North Zone folded in 58.3 overs.
South Zone started their first innings brightly despite losing Soumya Sarkar in the fifth over. Anamul Haque and Imrul Kayes struck half-centuries as South Zone reached 115 for the loss of one wicket.
In another match, this time at Rajshahi between Central Zone and East Zone, Shadman Islam and Abdul Majid struck tons to propel central to 406 for four on the first day.
Shadman struck a 157-ball 112 with 11 fours and three sixes while Abdul Majid notched 159 off 182 deliveries with 18 fours and six sixes.
- Australia beat England by 64 runs
- Speedy Trial Act for more 5 yrs
- New galaxy discovered by Muslim Astrophysicist!
- IU resumes evening courses
- Cumilla University unveils Tk 42-cr budget
- New evidence on the reliability of climate modeling
- Sun`s history found buried in Moon`s crust
- Textile minister assures to restart all shattered mills
- Actress Bubli critically injured
- Convince Myanmar to take Rohingyas back: PM to China
- Hajj flight begins July 4
- Bangladesh denounces Houthi attack on Saudi airport
- Astral relics of 5,000 yrs old discovered in China
- Bangladesh now at sole height’s political stability: Speaker in IMF meet
- England’s slack batting before destructive Australia
- Australia set a target of 286 for England
- No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
- JP-led govt will be formed in future: GM Quader
- Army Chief to visit United Nations Peacekeeping Mission
- Dementia risk tied to common drugs
- Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
- Action against govt officials if drug addict: HM
- FR Tower: ACC’s case accusing Ex-RAJUK chair among 25
- PM’s good news for Tigers
- Brian Lara hospitalized after chest pain
- Who responsible for collapsed bridges?
- Exemption with financial benefit by SI
- All pasteurised milk including Pran-Milk Vita-Arong adulterated
- Holey Artisan attack case: Five more policemen testify
- England wins toss, bowl first
- All News »
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Probe report submission deferred again
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- 3 to die, 7 get life for Kishoreganj murder
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Rainfall may increase in next 72 hrs
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties