Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
Published: 10:07 PM, 25 January 2020
Four youths released the cheer video on social media after raping a teenager-girl at a birthday party in Gazipur. Members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) have arrested four accused along with another girl (victim’s friend) who is accused of assisting the incident.
Meanwhile, relatives of the victims alleged that they were being threatened by the families of those involved in withdrawing the case.
It is learned that Sharif Hossain, a friend of the girl, called her at a birthday party at his residence in the Nayanpur area of Sripur on the night of January 16. Sharif, his friends Imran Hassan Suzan, Sharif Uddin Molla and Ahsan Hassan raped the girl.
They later made a cheer video on Facebook saying, “High Friend! We may be in jail tomorrow.”
The victim's mother filed a case at the Sripur police station. At the press conference on Saturday, RAB said that four of the accused were arrested in a raid from Mymensingh's Trishal. Police also arrested a girlfriend of the victim from Sripur for allegedly aiding them in rape.
RAB-1 company commander Abdullah Al Mamun said, "The girl is made senseless feeding her drugs. Then she was gang-raped by four people. '
Meanwhile, relatives of the abuser alleged that the family of the accused was threatening to withdraw the case.
After the arrest, the accused confessed the rape, police said.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks