Rapist Naeem lands in jail after surrender...

Dhaka, Sunday   01 November 2020

Rapist Naeem lands in jail after surrender

 Narayanganj Correspondent daily-bangladesh.com

 Published: 04:42 PM, 12 October 2020  

Rapist Naeem lands in jail after surrender

Rapist Naeem lands in jail after surrender

Fugitive accused Naeem Hasan, who was sentenced to life imprisonment in a rape case in Narayanganj, has surrendered. He applied for bail after surrendering to the court of Judge Mohammad Shaheen Uddin of the Women and Child Abuse Suppression Tribunal on Monday afternoon. However, the court denied bail and ordered to send him to jail.

Accused Naeem Hasan identified as the son of Abdur Rauf alias Rup Miah of Ujan Gobindi village in Brahmandi UP of Araihazar upazila.

Special PP of Women and Child Abuse Suppression Tribunal Rakib Uddin confirms the development.

He said the court had sentenced rapist Naeem Hasan to life imprisonment on September 17, 2020, for abducting and raping a schoolgirl in Araihazar of Narayanganj eight years ago. At the same time, he was fined Tk4 lakh for kidnapping and torturing the girl. The court ordered to pay Tk2 lakh to the victim's family. But an arrest warrant was issued against the rapist Naeem as he was a fugitive at that time.

Advocate Kazi Abdus Selim, a legal adviser for the plaintiffs, said that Naeem Hasan abducted the girl at gunpoint from the road on the morning of April 6, 2012, while she was on her way to school. He then took her to Paragaon area of ​​Rupganj and raped her. He was later found unconscious on the street in front of their house. Family members rushed her to Dhaka Medical College Hospital in critical condition.

He added that the student's father filed a case in this regard. Since Naeem started secretly threatening to withdraw the case. He also tortured the victim's family physically and mentally. Besides, he resorts to deception and tries to confuse the court with false information. At one stage, the Chamber Judge dismissed the petition for stay of proceedings in the High Court. On September 17 the court announced the verdict in this sensational rape case.