Rangpur road accident kills 3
Published: 03:14 PM, 26 April 2018
At least three persons, including a pregnant woman, were killed and three others injured in a road accident at Paglapeer point on the Rangpur-Dinajpur highway under Sadar upazila here today, police said.
"The accident occurred when a Rangpur bound ambulance from Dinajpur hit a roadside standing truck there at 4:30 am," said Acting Officer-in-Charge (OC) of Taraganj Highway Thana Sub-inspector (SI) Abdur Razzaque.
The ambulance was going to Rangpur Medical College Hospital (RMCH) with the patient pregnant woman, her husband and relatives aboard.
The pregnant woman was killed on the spot and five others, including her husband, driver and helper of the microbus, were injured in the accident.
Being informed, the Highway Thana police rushed to the spot and rescued the injured persons and sent them to RMCH where two of them succumbed this noon.
The deceased were identified as pregnant woman Moni Begum, 20, and her maternal aunt Apiya Khatun, 50, and helper of the ambulance Tushar Mian, 18, of different areas in Dinajpur district.
"Three of the injured persons, including the husband of the deceased pregnant woman and ambulance driver, are undergoing treatments at RMCH," SI Razzaque said adding that a case was lodged with Rangpur Kotwali Thana in this connection.
Officer-in-Charge of Rangpur Kotwali Thana Babul Mian has confirmed the accident and deaths.
- Afghanistan mosque bombing kills 62
- Nadeem joins India squad for Ranchi Test
- Sheikh Russel’s 56th birthday observed
- Death sentence for humiliation of the Holy Quran
- Turkey-led strikes kill 14 civilians in northeast Syria
- Workshop on IT awareness for female students held at DU
- Aligarh University Prof meets DU VC
- KUET admission test held peacefully
- At least 28 killed in Afghan mosque blast
- Semolina’s rasmalai!
- NASA astronauts Koch and Meir in all-women spacewalk
- Education programs runing on tide
- UN welcomes Turkey`s ceasefire decision
- FM calls upon German investment in Bangladesh
- Surge success of Urmi
- Bangladesh maintains all-win run beating Faroe Islands 3-1
- 6 foods that damaging your kidneys
- Bangabandhu Film City will be world class: Hasan
- NCL coaches terminated for not playing leg spinner
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Saif hits double ton, Imrul 93
- 17 fishermen jailed for catching hilsa
- Artist Kalidas Karmakar dies
- 35 arrested in anti-drug drive
- Culvert, the last reliance
- 2 children drown in Narail
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Tahsan not ‘celebrating’ Birthday...
- Singapore beat Scotland in T20 WC qualifiers
- US imposes record $7.5 billion tariffs on European goods
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- The king who rose from the dead
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- BUET students’ call off protests
- MBBS admission test today
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh