Rangpur road accident kills 3
Published: 03:14 PM, 26 April 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
At least three persons, including a pregnant woman, were killed and three others injured in a road accident at Paglapeer point on the Rangpur-Dinajpur highway under Sadar upazila here today, police said.
"The accident occurred when a Rangpur bound ambulance from Dinajpur hit a roadside standing truck there at 4:30 am," said Acting Officer-in-Charge (OC) of Taraganj Highway Thana Sub-inspector (SI) Abdur Razzaque.
The ambulance was going to Rangpur Medical College Hospital (RMCH) with the patient pregnant woman, her husband and relatives aboard.
The pregnant woman was killed on the spot and five others, including her husband, driver and helper of the microbus, were injured in the accident.
Being informed, the Highway Thana police rushed to the spot and rescued the injured persons and sent them to RMCH where two of them succumbed this noon.
The deceased were identified as pregnant woman Moni Begum, 20, and her maternal aunt Apiya Khatun, 50, and helper of the ambulance Tushar Mian, 18, of different areas in Dinajpur district.
"Three of the injured persons, including the husband of the deceased pregnant woman and ambulance driver, are undergoing treatments at RMCH," SI Razzaque said adding that a case was lodged with Rangpur Kotwali Thana in this connection.
Officer-in-Charge of Rangpur Kotwali Thana Babul Mian has confirmed the accident and deaths.
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Study ties unhealthy gums to liver cancer risk
- PM urges int’l bodies to help rehabilitate Rohingyas in Myanmar
- Tamim falls after score fifty
- Court orders to freeze DIG Mizan’s wealth
- Teenager stabbed in capital`s Kadamtali
- Bangladesh loses Soumya early
- Signal 3 for maritime ports
- Australia set Bangladesh 382 to win
- Nusrat murder: charges formed, testimonies Jun 27
- Get driving license after eye and dope test: HC
- Rohingya wants to return after ensuring recognition
- Warner hits ton, Australia heading for big total
- Novoair increases flights to Jashore
- US confirms drone was shot down by Iranian missile
- Soumya makes brekthough for Bangladesh
- National Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign on June 22
- Rohingyas’ ardor to return home on refugee day
- Prisoner dies in Kashimpur jail
- ‘Dhaka Attack’s villain Taskeen got married
- Rana`s bail stay till July 1
- Provide Tk 50 within 2 months to Rajib’s family: HC
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- 9 to die for killing C’nawabganj Jubo League leader
- Rain, thundershowers likely to continue
- Australia to bat first against Bangladesh
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- ‘Refugee Day’ observed with 1.1m Rohingyas burden
- Google Doodle celebrates Sufia Kamal’s birth anniv
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- England wins beating Windies
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Probe report submission deferred again
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5