Rajshahi mango to be available from May 15
Published: 11:24 PM, 12 May 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
From May 15, the ‘Guti’ variety mangos can be found in the Rajshahi market. On Sunday, DC SM Abdul Quader announced the date for the pick off mangos after a discussion with the officials of Agriculture Department, Fruit Researchers, Mango farmers and Mango traders held at the DC conference room.
He said, according to the time bindings of the administration, ‘Guti’ mango can be picked off after 15 May. And ‘Gopalbhog’ variety mango cannot be picked off before May 20. The ‘Lakshanbhog’ and ‘Lakhna’ varieties can be taken off after May 25, while Himasagar and Khirsapati by 28th May. Besides, Langra and Bombay will be ready after 6 June, while Fazli, Surma Fazli and Amarupali on June 16 and Ashwina Mango after 1st July.
Abdul Kader said, Rajshahi mango is neither mixed with formalin nor artificially produced ever. But when those become available long ago or later; many people think that the chemicals are used in those fruits. To eliminate this fear of the buyers, a time has been fixed for the mango picking. The decision was taken to consider the interests of the peasants.
In the meeting, SP Md. Shahidullah, Chief Scientific Officer of Fruit Research Center Abdul Alim, Deputy Director of District Extension Department Shamsul Haque and nine upazila chairmen and executive officials were present.
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Three countries went dark and no one knows why
- Egypt’s ousted president Morsi dies
- Don’t make pocket committee with opportunists: Quader
- 6 Most Surprising Mosques in Africa!
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- EC made all measures for fair polls: EC secy
- Enough money in banks, not for looting: PM
- Tk 15,000 cr supplementary budget for current FY passed in JS
- Stand for a while to lose weight, how?
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Tariff Commission Act gets Cabinet nod
- Shakib turned Pooran after Lewis
- Impotent injection for rapist
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- Firemen at risk in service office
- Revenue will be billions below forecast: Huawei CEO
- Mother split child`s throat
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem denied bail, sent to jail
- Innovation of artificial lungs by Mou-Akhi-Bipasha
- Rangpur city polluted than Dhaka, Cumilla in safe zone
- UN to adopt tougher policy against Myanmar
- No gas supply to Kawla, Zia Colony for 9hrs today
- Heat weave may continue
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Class XI admission results published
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- JS budget session begins today
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held