Rain, thundershowers likely over country
Published: 01:29 PM, 21 April 2018
Rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty or squally wind with lightning flashes and hails is likely to occur at many places over the country in the next 24-hours ending at 9 am tomorrow, said a met office bulletin here this morning.
According to the bulletin, "Rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty or squally wind with lightning flashes is likely to occur at many places over Dhaka, Mymensingh and Sylhet divisions."
Rain or thundershowers may also take place at many places over Khulna, Chattogram, Rangpur, Rajshahi and Barishal divisions, with hails at isolated places.
Day temperature may remain nearly unchanged and night temperature may fall slightly over the country, the bulletin said, adding seasonal low lies over the South Bay while trough of low lies over Gangetic West Bengal and adjoining area.
The highest 56 millimetres (mm) rainfall was recorded in Sylhet in 24 hours ending at 6 am today.
"In association with rain or thundershowers temporary west or northwesterly squally wind speed 60-80 kph is likely to occur over the regions of Pabna, Bogura, Tangail, Mymensingh, Dhaka, Faridpur, Cumilla and Sylhet wherein river ports shall hoist riverine warning signal number two till 6 pm today," the met office said in a warning message.
Rain or thundershowers, accompanied by temporary west or northwesterly gusty or squally wind speed 45-60 kph, is likely to occur elsewhere over the country wherein river ports shall hoist cautionary signal number one till 6 pm today.
The maximum 36.6 degrees Celsius temperature was recorded yesterday at Chuadanga in Khulna division and today`s minimum is 21.0 degrees Celsius at Cumilla in Chattogram Division.
Today`s sunset over the capital city will be at 6:22 pm while tomorrow`s sunrise at 5:32 am.
- Only 11 to take care of 7701 acres of Ctg rail
- Police arrest six following racist abuse at Euro qualifier
- PM calls on President at Bangabhaban
- Bangladesh makes good start beating Cambodia 2-0
- No alternative to skilled manpower: President
- Shakib returns home after CPL stint
- AL Sonagazi UZ unit Committee declared
- Misery of youths in trap of fraudsters
- Ronaldo earns $8M in one post
- BGB detained youth with yabas
- $200 crores deficit in commodity trade
- 3 UAE cricketers with Captain Naveed charged with corruption
- ‘5G mobile network service by 2021 to 2023’
- Tk 50 birth certificate costs Tk 500!
- E-cigarette users increase in Rajshahi
- Helpless Billal wants to live
- 3 murders in 5 minutes!
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- 49 held in anti-narcotics drive
- Dhoni explains how he deals with negativity, frustration
- PM Imran meets Saudi King Salman
- New DGs in four directorates
- Drives against corruption continue: Home Minister
- Nutrients Cheese Samucha
- Sunny Leone celebrates daughter’s birthday with ‘a blast’
- Now Jamalpur office assistant detains with bribe
- Legendary Fakir Lalon’s death anniv observed today
- 2nd round of NCL begins tomorrow
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- OC Moazzem’s bail hearing Nov 3
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Abrar’s roommate Mizan held
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Abrar Murder: Amit Shaha of room-2011 held
- The king who rose from the dead
- Buet students place fresh 10-point demand
- Execrable ‘Hope Diamond’
- MBBS admission test today
- A tale of Titanic survivor Elsie Bowerman
- Buet’s Sher-e-Bangla Hall provost resigns
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- New moon king Saturn
- China`s first polar observation satellite supports polar research
- US halts China visas over Uighur issue
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- BUET students’ call off protests
- The lake that turns life to stone!
- Bangladesh face Qatar in FIFA WC Qualifying