Rain may continue till tomorrow
Published: 02:09 PM, 5 March 2019 Updated: 02:13 PM, 5 March 2019
Bangladesh Meteorological Department (BMD) Meteorologist Bazlur Rashid on Tuesday morning said, ‘The ongoing rainy condition may continue at some places across the country till tomorrow … The Southern part of the country may experience excessive rain during the period.’
Meanwhile, the Met Office also predicted that rain or thundershowers is likely to occur across the country in the next 24 hours ending at 9:00 am tomorrow.
Rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty or squally wind is likely to occur at many places over Khulna, Barishal and Chattogram divisions and at a few places over Dhaka and Sylhet divisions and at one or two places over Rajshahi, Rangpur and Mymensingh divisions with isolated hails at some places over the country, a met office bulletin said.
Day temperature may rise slightly over northern part and it may remain nearly unchanged elsewhere over the country, said the bulletin adding that night temperature may rise slightly over the country.
The highest temperature in the country yesterday was recorded 31.0 degrees Celsius at Cox’s Bazar in Chattogram while today’s minimum temperature was 14.3 degrees Celsius at Tetulia in Rangpur.
The highest rainfall in the last 24-hour as of 6 am today was recorded 33 mm at Mymensingh.
The sun sets at 6:03 pm today and rises at 6:16 am tomorrow in the capital.
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Priya`s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Tamim to lead Tigers in SL tour
- PM reaches London
- Mashrafe rule out of Sri Lanka tour
- Jamuna devours over 300 houses
- Municipal services halted in Mathbaria, extreme sufferings
- Kid drowns in Gabindaganj floodwater
- AL to hold joint meeting Saturday
- Minni sent to jail
- PM to join envoys’ conference in London tomorrow
- Tendulkar inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- ‘All must come forward to destroy Aedes mosquitoes origin’
- `Study in India` fair starts in Dhaka
- Cricket is not a sport: Russia
- ICC introduces new rule on substitute player
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- Magnitude 5.5 quake jolts Bangladesh
- Humayun Ahmed alive through his speeches
- 13 human traffickers held in capital, Keraniganj
- Lilith’s trailer released
- Death toll hits 33 in Japan studio arson attack
- US sanctions on Myanmar not enough: UN
- Dengue check: DNCC skips holiday-leaves for two departs
- Truck overturned: Mother-son killed in Rohingya camp
- Rishan Farzi on five-day remand
- Expiry date, price must clear on drug: HC
- FaceApp occupies 15 crore subscribers’ gallery!
- Humanity for animal !
- Bangladeshis among 285 immigrants detained on Iran boarder
- All News »
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HM Ershad passes away
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Stay alert to tackle flood: PM
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN
- How to get HSC result
- 3 more bodies recovered from Cox’s Bazar beach