Rain likely across country
Published: 03:26 PM, 25 August 2019
Met Office in Dhaka on Sunday predicted that light to moderate rain or thundershowers may occur at many parts of the country in the next 24 hours commencing 9:00 am today.
“Light to moderate rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty wind is likely to occur at many places over Khulna, Barishal and Chattogram divisions and at a few places over Rangpur, Rajshahi, Dhaka, Sylhet and Mymensingh divisions with moderately heavy to heavy falls at places over the country”, said a Met office bulletin issued this morning.
“Monsoon is fairly active over Bangladesh and moderate to strong over North Bay”, the bulletin added.
However, the day and night temperature may rise slightly over the country.
The highest temperature on Saturday was recorded 34.5 degree Celsius in Rajshahi while today’s minimum temperature was 24.5 degree Celsius in Teknaf of Cox’s Bazar.
The sun sets at 6:23 pm today and rises at 5:37 am tomorrow in the capital.
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- Zinc factory in remote village!
- Rohingya terrorist detained with pistol from Balukhali camp
- Saudi clears multiple Umrah fine
- AL withdraws candidature for Rangpur-3 by-polls
- ‘Viqarunnisa principal can’t join before 11:00 am on Tuesday’
- Does your cream contain vitamin C?
- HC orders judicial inquiry against Puthia OC
- PM orders to form separate police unit for Metro Rail
- Spicy Fish Kabab
- Idol makers passing busy days in Khulna
- Sunerah in short film
- Youth kills brother for 10 bucks
- Kishoreganj Manik murder: 10 get life term
- 3000 Bangladeshi may lose citizenship in Italy!
- BRTC does not need corrupt officials: Quader
- Ronaldo tearful watching video of his father
- 10 tips to prevent diabetes
- Azhar’s appeal hearing anyday
- India arrests senior Kashmir leader
- Bangabandhu’s Chhatra League can`t be deviated: Joy-Lekhak
- Moushumi to fight for BFAA Presidency
- JU Scam: BNP demands VC’s removal
- ‘Post-rape’ wedding in PS: Probe body finds authenticity
- Defaulted loans: No release for FBL even renamed
- 203 dies of dengue so far
- NRC announced in Haryana, India
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- 5yrs without Firoza Begum
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Nan Madol: Ghost City on sea
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Runa Laila for the 1st time in long music career
- Bribe-taking sub-registrar to be suspended
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Shakib prized Afghanistan
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- White House: A monstrous residence