Rahmat advances 88 places after Afghanistan`s maiden Test win
Published: 04:14 PM, 19 March 2019
Afghanistan batsman Rahmat Shah has made quick progress in the MRF Tyres ICC Test Player Rankings after starring in his side’s seven-wicket victory over Ireland in the one-off Test played in the northern Indian city of Dehradun.
The 25-year-old has advanced 88 places to reach 89th position in the rankings after scores of 98 and 76. The player of the match in his country’s second Test is now the highest-ranked batsman from his team, ahead of captain Asghar Afghan, who is in 106th place after gaining 24 places with a knock of 67. Hashmatullah Shahidi is another Afghanistan batsman to advance, moving up three slots to 110.
Fast bowler Yamin Ahmadzai and leg-spinner Rashid Khan have made rapid strides in the bowlers’ list.
Yamin, who grabbed three wickets in Afghanistan’s inaugural Test against India last year, has gained 45 places to reach 50th position after finishing with six wickets in Dehradun. Rashid, who is top-ranked in T20Is and third in ODIs, has gained 50 places to reach 67th position after claiming seven wickets including the first five-wicket Test haul by an Afghanistan bowler.
For Ireland, Kevin O-Brien has moved up four places to 68th while fast bowler Tim Murtagh has also gained in the list for batsmen after a rare Test half-century batting at No.11, his scores of 54* and 27 lifting him 59 places to 140th.
Debutant Andy Balbirnie has gained 73 slots to reach 145th position after a second-innings knock of 82 while among bowlers, Stuart Thompson has gained 18 slots to reach 64th position after taking three wickets in the match.
The second Test for both teams meant a step towards a full place in the MRF Tyres ICC Test Team Rankings, for which they need another six matches.
- UN top officials urged to pursue Myanmar for safe zone
- Russia eases citizenship rules in east Ukraine
- Govt mulling commission to identify Bangabandhu killers
- Sri Lanka admits `major` lapse over deadly Islamist blasts
- Bangladesh, Kyrgyzstan reach semifinals
- Malaria situation improves in CHT
- PM alerted about terror activities
- 105 illegal structures demolished in N’ganj, Tongi
- Indian envoy calls on President
- PM consoles Zayan’s family
- Zayan laid to rest
- Brexit or no Brexit, UK with Bangladesh: Sir Simon
- BNP mourns Zayan’s killing in Sri Lanka bombings
- DU-affiliated 7 college students withdraw blockade
- Zayan’s namaz-e-janaza held
- Happy Birthday Sachin Tendulkar!
- Mannan for tapping huge potentials of blue economy
- UFO sightings have reached an all-time high
- Primary assistant teacher recruitment exam from May 10
- Procession, meeting banned at IU
- Company tempted farmers for tobacco cultivation!
- Google gets FAA OK for drone deliveries
- Sri Lanka attacks: Bomber ‘studied in UK and Australia’
- PM at Banani to see Zayan’s body
- OC’s cellphones seized over Nusrat killing case
- ‘We stand beside Mila’
- Fire at Kutupalong Rohingya camp
- Edu minister for upsurge education budget
- Harvesting Irri-boro paddy begins in Rajshahi
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- All News »
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- Journalist Zafar Wazed new PIB DG
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- PM returns home tomorrow
- Sudan`s Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- Adele separates from husband
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- Nusrat murder: Moni put on 5-day remand