Rabindra University: HC bars VC, 3 other to run activities
Published: 06:24 PM, 26 June 2019
The High Court has ordered four persons including the Vice-Chancellor (VC) to abstain from all activities for six months, in order to run Rabindra University established in Shahjadpur, Sirajganj without notice.
The High Court bench comprising Justice JBM Hasan and Justice Md. Khairul Alam gave the order.
At the same time, a rule has been issued to know why their activities with out noticwe will not be declared illegal.
The Vice-Chancellor, Education Secretary, Law Secretary, Culture Secretary, University Grants Commission secretary and registrar has been asked to respond to this rule within four weeks.
The appeal was filed by the local resident of Shahjadpur Dr. Md. Zaminur Rahman. Advocate Mohammad Mosharraf Hossain argued for the petition on behalf of the court. He was accompanied by lawyer Nazrul Islam Choton. Deputy attorney general Motahar Hossain Saju was present on behalf of the state.
According to the writ petition, the law of Rabindranath University, Bangladesh was passed in 2016. Section 1 (2) of the Act says that this law will be enacted on the date set by the government notification in the official gazette.
But before the notification was issued, Professor Dr. Biswajit Ghosh has been appointed the Vice-Chancellor. After taking office, he made the announcement for manpower recruitment on 19 February 2018. On March 28, the Assistant Examination Controller and on March 11 this year, the notification for recruitment of teachers was published. This appointment notice was published from the Liaison Office located in Dhanmondi, Dhaka.
According to the petition filed on April 9, Zaminur Rahman made an application presenting the irregularities to the university chancellor and President Abdul Hamid. Even after this application, no action was taken. In response to this, he challenged the legality of the three recruitment notices. After the primary hearing of the writ, the High Court gave the order.
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC