RU conducts cleanliness campaign
Published: 04:45 PM, 5 March 2019
Rajshahi University (RU) has conducted a cleanliness drive aiming at making its campus and all offices, academic buildings, student dormitories and office premises clean.
With the theme of “Clean Campus, Sigh of relief and acquiring healthy knowledge”, the varsity administrative officials accompanied by large number of staffs and students joined the cleanliness campaign on Monday.
RU Vice-chancellor Prof Abdus Sobhan inaugurated the daylong drive. He took the initiative in order to make all the offices and office premises clean. He also asked all his office colleagues and others concerned to keep their respective office and office premises clean all along.
Among others, Pro-Vice-chancellors Professor Ananda Kumar Shaha and Chowdhury Jakakria, Treasurer Prof Mustafizur Rahman Al Arif, Registrar Prof Abdul Bari, Students Adviser Prof Laila Arjuman Banu and Proctor Prof Luffor Rahman were present on the occasion.
VC Prof Sobhan said sound health is the most important wealth and urged all his colleagues to maintain cleanliness to improve environment and reduce the extent of diseases aiming to build a healthy and prosperous nation.
He said “Our environment is a testimony to the state of our mentality. We indiscriminately pollute our environment. We know that one RU’s cleanliness effort is not enough but we have to make an effort to change our habit. We must have to stop throwing garbage here and there to protect our environment”.
He highlighted the importance of maintaining cleanliness at office premises, institutions, homesteads and open places in the city. Cleanliness is a must to keep air fresh and improve environment.
Prof Sobhan asked for adequate awareness programmes and coordinated waste management policy of City Corporation.
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Mosharraf Karim paired with Safa in ‘Dil Daan Kalachan’
- Fish production marks constant rise over last 5 yrs
- What actions taken against police failure; HC asked
- Now woman killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Road link with Bandarban restores after 8-day
- 100 pc pass in 907 inst
- Temperature may rise over country
- Army ready to tackle flood: Army Chief
- PM flags off ‘Benapole Express’
- No students passed in 41 colleges
- US bans Myanmar army chief over Rohingya ‘ethnic cleansing’
- Death toll climbs to 5 after quake in eastern Indonesia
- Quader’s follow-up checkup after surgery completed
- This years’ results good, acceptable: PM
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Worker died as fell down from Rooppur Project’s const building
- How to get HSC result
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Technical Board attains 82.62pc pass rate
- Madrasah Board attains 88.56pc pass rate
- 47,286 gets GPA-5
- Pass rate 73.93 pc
- HSC results handed over to PM
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ today
- 2 drug traders killed in gunfight with BGB
- HSC exam results today
- All News »
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- 5 things must need for securing modern network
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- DU admission test in new method
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat