Quota system reformed in Class-XI admission
Published: 08:23 PM, 27 February 2020
File Photo, Collected
From this year, it has been decided to withdraw quota from college admission as well as job placement. In addition to this, a draft policy has been formulated to bring in three more changes in Class-XI admission.
Class-XI Draft Policy-2020 was presented at a meeting organized by the Directorate General of Secondary and Higher Education (DSHE) of the Ministry of Education on Thursday in presence of Education Minister Dr. Dipu Moni.
The draft policy formulated by the Inter-Education Coordinator and the Dhaka Education Board has also rejected the increasing of registration fee and SMS apply system. However, quota of freedom fighters, expatriates and BKSP will remain the same. In addition, it has been proposed to start the admission on May 10 and end June 25.
The draft policy has proposed to cancel the application process through SMS and suggested apply only through online to reduce the complexity and cost of admission process. Admission confirmation fee has been increased by Tk 5 and set Tk 135.
Referring to quota withdrawal it has been said that, except 100 percent merit quota, the quotas of subordinate offices of departmental and district headquarters, education departments have been abolished by retaining 5 % Freedom Fighters quota, 0.5% for BKSP and 0.5 % for expatriate as special quota for educational institutes.
The online apply option has been kept for 10 colleges and madrasas for Tk 150. For this mobile phone apply will not be applicable.
Opportunity to apply online at 5 colleges or. It will be charged 5 Taka. For this, you do not have to apply for admission through mobile phone.
In Dhaka Metropolitan Area, the admission fee for class XI has been fixed at Tk5000 for private colleges. In addition, for partly MPO or non-MPO listed institutes of Bangla and English medium will be fixed as Tk 9,000 and Tk 10,000 in order and development fee cannot be charged more than Tk 3,000.
Besides, the admission fee for the rural and municipal areas admission fee has been fixed at Tk 1,000, in municipal district headquarters- Tk 2000 and no more than Tk 3,000 will be applicable to charge in any metropolitan areas other than Dhaka.
After the meeting, Inter-Education Board Coordinator and Dhaka Education Board Chairman Professor Md. Ziaul Haque said the draft policy will be finalized within the next week.
Education Minister Dr. Dipu Moni said the draft is a part of the plan for what the government is working to create a conducive environment of education.
- 2 arrested in Gazipur for spreading coronavirus rumors
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- DC distributes relief at night to maintain social distance
- Family of 4 all die of coronavirus in a week
- 327 Japanese left Bangladesh
- Youth slaughtered on his way home in Jashore
- Charles says pandemic is strange, frustrating and distressing
- Two drug dealers killed in Naogaon gunfight
- Former land minister Shamsur Rahman dies
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Kaptai
- Coronavirus test facilities in 5 hospitals
- Coronavirus claims 923 lives in Spain in a day
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Israeli health minister, wife contract COVID-19
- US coronavirus cases surpass 200,000, records deaths in a day
- Coronavirus: Death toll exceeds 47,000; infection over .9 million
- Army to go tough from today
- RPMP Police launches home delivery service
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 45,500
- Fake police caught demanding extortion
- Ctg woman who died in isolation ward tested negative for Covid-19
- 18 houses burnt in 20 minutes at Rohingya camp
- All courts to remain closed in 2nd phase holidays
- 4 woman killed in NY building fire
- Champions League suspended indefinitely
- Coronavirus infected woman journo shares 13 new symptoms
- Teenager dies in Bogura isolation
- Govt urges not to heed to rumors ‘If fever, police will take up’
- Helicopter`s door fallen down to house
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- England plans to return field by early May
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed