Queen celebrates 92nd birthday with pop concert
Published: 11:29 AM, 22 April 2018
Queen Elizabeth takes her seat at the Royal Albert Hall in London
Queen Elizabeth attended a special concert at the Royal Albert Hall featuring a range of stars on Saturday night, as the world`s oldest and longest-reigning monarch celebrates her 92nd birthday.
Kylie Minogue, Craig David, Sting and Shaggy were among the artists who performed at the event.
Sir Tom Jones opened the event with a performance supported by a group playing the dhol - an Indian drum.
Prince Charles brought the night to a close by going on stage and leading the crowd in a cheer of "hip hip hurray" for his mother`s birthday.
And Prince Harry spoke in his new role as president of The Queen`s Commonwealth Trust, introducing singer and The Voice contestant Donel Mangena.
Queen Elizabeth surrounded by members of the Royal Family
Attendees included Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke of Cambridge, Prince Harry and other members of the royal family.
Prime Minister Theresa May was also there, as were leaders from around the world.
The concert came at the end of the week when the UK hosted 53 countries for the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting.
Jamaican musician Shaggy and British singer Sting performed their reggae-inspired 2018 hit titled Don`t Make Me Wait.
Former Labour MP Ed Balls gave a ukulele performance with comedians Frank Skinner and Harry Hill.
Other performances were given by South African choral group Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Essex star Anne-Marie - while Craig David gave the audience a medley of his hits, including Seven Days.
- Australia beat England by 64 runs
- Speedy Trial Act for more 5 yrs
- New galaxy discovered by Muslim Astrophysicist!
- IU resumes evening courses
- Cumilla University unveils Tk 42-cr budget
- New evidence on the reliability of climate modeling
- Sun`s history found buried in Moon`s crust
- Textile minister assures to restart all shattered mills
- Actress Bubli critically injured
- Convince Myanmar to take Rohingyas back: PM to China
- Hajj flight begins July 4
- Bangladesh denounces Houthi attack on Saudi airport
- Astral relics of 5,000 yrs old discovered in China
- Bangladesh now at sole height’s political stability: Speaker in IMF meet
- England’s slack batting before destructive Australia
- Australia set a target of 286 for England
- No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
- JP-led govt will be formed in future: GM Quader
- Army Chief to visit United Nations Peacekeeping Mission
- Dementia risk tied to common drugs
- Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
- Action against govt officials if drug addict: HM
- FR Tower: ACC’s case accusing Ex-RAJUK chair among 25
- PM’s good news for Tigers
- Brian Lara hospitalized after chest pain
- Who responsible for collapsed bridges?
- Exemption with financial benefit by SI
- All pasteurised milk including Pran-Milk Vita-Arong adulterated
- Holey Artisan attack case: Five more policemen testify
- England wins toss, bowl first
- All News »
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Probe report submission deferred again
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- 3 to die, 7 get life for Kishoreganj murder
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Rainfall may increase in next 72 hrs
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties