Queen celebrates 92nd birthday with pop concert
Published: 11:29 AM, 22 April 2018
Queen Elizabeth takes her seat at the Royal Albert Hall in London
Queen Elizabeth attended a special concert at the Royal Albert Hall featuring a range of stars on Saturday night, as the world`s oldest and longest-reigning monarch celebrates her 92nd birthday.
Kylie Minogue, Craig David, Sting and Shaggy were among the artists who performed at the event.
Sir Tom Jones opened the event with a performance supported by a group playing the dhol - an Indian drum.
Prince Charles brought the night to a close by going on stage and leading the crowd in a cheer of "hip hip hurray" for his mother`s birthday.
And Prince Harry spoke in his new role as president of The Queen`s Commonwealth Trust, introducing singer and The Voice contestant Donel Mangena.
Queen Elizabeth surrounded by members of the Royal Family
Attendees included Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke of Cambridge, Prince Harry and other members of the royal family.
Prime Minister Theresa May was also there, as were leaders from around the world.
The concert came at the end of the week when the UK hosted 53 countries for the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting.
Jamaican musician Shaggy and British singer Sting performed their reggae-inspired 2018 hit titled Don`t Make Me Wait.
Former Labour MP Ed Balls gave a ukulele performance with comedians Frank Skinner and Harry Hill.
Other performances were given by South African choral group Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Essex star Anne-Marie - while Craig David gave the audience a medley of his hits, including Seven Days.
- Samrat-Arman taken to Rab office for interrogation
- HC orders to remove mobile tower from sensitive spot
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- EU and Britain finally agree on new Brexit deal
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 3 JMB members in 5 days remand
- FIFA to continue support for promotion football in Bangladesh
- Unnecessary bloodshed in mountains: HM
- Smart way of making Coffee to lessen weight
- PM Hasina-Modi invited for BAN-IND Test in Kolkata
- Way of cooking tasty ‘malai meat’
- Ambulance cylinder blast kills 2 in Ctg
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Ganguly on ICC`s plan to host World Cup every 3 yrs
- PM gives jersey to FIFA president
- Anti-Terrorism Tribunal’s PP Jahangir released
- 3 cops suspended for transporting mother Hilsa
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Bella Hadid, the most beautiful woman in world, says Science
- Jessia, contestant for ‘Miss Universe Bangladesh’
- Bosila militant den raid: Probe report on Nov 18
- HC’s full verdict removing mobile towers from sensitive places
- Tamim gets injured, pulled out from 2nd round of NCL
- 3 ‘New JMB’ militants detained in Gabtoli
- Brutal murder of Tuhin: Lawyers vows not to fight for accused
- Kuwait-Chattogram direct flight starts Oct 30
- Four dead in Philippine quake
- Bengali calendar changes
- 15 killed in Mexico armed clashes
- Today’s Sports on TV
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Abrar’s roommate Mizan held
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar Murder: Amit Shaha of room-2011 held
- The king who rose from the dead
- Execrable ‘Hope Diamond’
- MBBS admission test today
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- New moon king Saturn
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- BUET students’ call off protests
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Rani Mukerji calls Sheikh Hasina as mother
- Mohammadpur councilor Habibur detains
- S.Africa court rules Zuma must face corruption trial