Quader suffers from kidney disease, infections
Published: 01:48 PM, 5 March 2019 Updated: 03:03 PM, 5 March 2019
Awami League (AL) general secretary and Road, Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, who was admitted to Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore on Monday, has slight problems in his kidneys and developed infections.
Citing the doctors of Singapore's Mount Elizabeth Hospital, AL assistant office secretary Biplob Barua came up with the information on Tuesday morning.
He said that after reaching the Singapore hospital, Quader's physical condition was examined and his treatment began immediately. The minister has diagnosed with slight kidney problems and some infections. However, he has no need for dialysis.
Meanwhile, Dr. SM Mustafa Zaman, a professor of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) hospital's Cardiology Department, on Monday night said that the physical condition of ailing Quader remained stable. His blood pressure was under control, the professor said.
Quader, also the Awami League General Secretary, was flown to Singapore on an air ambulance on Monday. Later, he was taken to Mount Elizabeth Hospital around 8:50 BST and his treatment began immediately.
He has been admitted to the coronary care unit of the hospital and being treated under the supervision of cardiologist Phillip Koh.
Quader’s wife Isratunnesa Quader and Director of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) Dr. Abu Naser Rizvi are accompanying him in Singapore.
Obaidul Quader was admitted to the BSMMU Hospital as he had a breathing problem after Fajr prayers on Sunday.
He was diagnosed with three blockages in his coronary artery while one block had already been removed, according to the BSMMU physicians.
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Zareen Khan recalls facing casting couch
- BD to host SAFF Championship in Sept 2020
- 5 cops in remand held with Yaba
- 1st edition of Amputee football held in capital
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- Yugi’s lime, a rural art
- Tips to protect your mobile bank
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Sanjay Dutta in TV drama series!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Motorcyclist killed in Bagerhat road crash
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- Zinc factory in remote village!
- Rohingya terrorist detained with pistol from Balukhali camp
- Saudi clears multiple Umrah fine
- AL withdraws candidature for Rangpur-3 by-polls
- ‘Viqarunnisa principal can’t join before 11:00 am on Tuesday’
- Does your cream contain vitamin C?
- HC orders judicial inquiry against Puthia OC
- PM orders to form separate police unit for Metro Rail
- Spicy Fish Kabab
- Idol makers passing busy days in Khulna
- Sunerah in short film
- Youth kills brother for 10 bucks
- Kishoreganj Manik murder: 10 get life term
- 3000 Bangladeshi may lose citizenship in Italy!
- BRTC does not need corrupt officials: Quader
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- 5yrs without Firoza Begum
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Nan Madol: Ghost City on sea
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Bribe-taking sub-registrar to be suspended
- Shakib prized Afghanistan
- Runa Laila for the 1st time in long music career
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday