Quader sought students’ help for discipline on road
Published: 03:30 PM, 17 November 2019
Awami League's general secretary and Road-Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader sought the assistance of the students to bring discipline to the road by implementing the new road transport law.
The minister made this remark attending the Dr. Anwarul Abedin lecture series organized by the American International University of Bangladesh (AIUB) Permanent Campus on Sunday.
Obaidul Quader said “The implementation of the Road Transport Act 2018 will play an important role in reversing the discipline on the road. That is why everyone has to cooperate. I hope that the students of the school will also have an effective role in implementing this law.”
Highlighting the development of the Awami League government, Quader said no other government could make such development after 1975. The people of the country are also enjoying the benefits of this development, but in some places, the roads need to be disciplined in order to make visible the structural development of the government.
Regarding the agreement with India, Obaidul Quader said that the issues of India's agreement with Bangladesh are clear as daylight, not just by the BNP's eyes. Nothing to explain to BNP about the deal signed with India, he also stated.
He said that onions are being imported keeping the benefit of the country’s farmers in mind. Importing onions from abroad will not hamper the farmers of the country.
Stating that the people of the country will be able to move through the Padma Bridge in 2021, the minister said that 74 percent work of the Padma Bridge has been completed. I hope the rail and buses will be operational in 2021,” the veteran politician stated also.
- UCBL- Sylhet Range Police sign agreement
- Pepper-water mixture relieves throat sore in two minute
- Road accidents kill 2 in Mohanpur
- Why Mushfiqur included IPL auction?
- HC rules against illegal rail crossings
- We have good bilateral relations with India: Quader
- IUTA election in Islamic University
- Preparation afoot to observe victory day in Khulna tomorrow
- DMP detained 75 in anti-narcotic drive
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake in Philippines
- Buy 1 Saree get 1 kg onion free!
- JU adorned with Victory joy
- Motorcyclist killed in Rajshahi
- NZ volcano: Death toll rises to 16 with two still missing
- National Memorial prepared for Victory Day
- Shabnur returns!
- Dry weather likely over country
- 14 killed in Nepal bus crash
- Man held with 600 bottles of phensedyl
- Former Sudan President sentenced to 2 years detention
- List of 10,789 Razakars published
- Tourist attractions in Sylhet
- Coutinho hits hat-trick as Bayern rout Werder Bremen
- 2 held with counterfeit currency in Sylhet
- Rajshahi claims top after Dhaka phase
- Protest sparked in West Bengal; 5 trains,15 buses set on fire
- Cargo vessel sinks collided with launch in Barishal
- Knitting factory gutted in Ashulia
- Musician, vocalist Prithwi Raj passes away
- Govt to publish list of Razakars today
- All News »
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Andrew Kishore dies; what the next
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Myanmar state counselor titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Rohingyas’ acute detest on Myanmar
- Myanmar admits the army used excessive force on Rohingya
- Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed receives Nobel Peace Prize
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- ‘Brutal massacre of Myanmar against Rohingya should be stopped’
- ‘Myanmar’s Rohingya repatriation promise a fraudulent act’
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- At top court, Myanmar urged to `stop genocide of own people`
- 500-yr-old eggs found unbroken in Chinese tomb
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Musician, vocalist Prithwi Raj passes away
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- Myanmar army chief’s Facebook account suspended
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- Myanmar fails to provide evidence to defend genocide charge
- Padma Bridge 2.7-km visible now
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- Cardi B returns to court over strip club brawl allegations
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard