Quader not being taken Singapore today
Published: 10:40 PM, 3 March 2019
Awami League general secretary, road transport and bridge minister Obaidul Quader is not being taken to Singapore today. This decision has been taken after the country's medical delegation meeting with Singapore.
Obaidul Quader, who is undergoing treatment at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU). BSMMU Vice-Chancellor Kanak Kanti Barua told reporters that the decision was made at about 9:30 pm on Sunday.
Kanak Kanti Barua said "Three-member medical delegation came from Singapore by Air Ambulance this evening. Our medical board sat with them and decided not to be sent to Singapore today. He is better now. Opening eyes, trying to talk. In this situation, he will not be sent to Singapore. " He said, 'We will see his condition till tomorrow morning (Monday), then he will be sent to Singapore if needed'.
Shortly before the Vice Chancellor's brief, AL praesidium member Sheikh Fazlul Karim Selim briefed reporters. He said, "We are not taking him (Singapore) to Singapore. The doctors said that he had to fly for four hours to take Singapore. ICU does not have enough facilities in Air Ambulance. He also said that doctors will monitor their physical condition until 10am on Monday. Air ambulances will stay here till 10am.
Earlier this evening, BSMMU doctors informed the media about the physical condition of Obaidul Quader is critical.
Then Syed Ali Ahsan, chairman of BSMMU's Cardiology Department, said that NGOs are seen to be blocking their three arteries. His previous diabetes was uncontrolled.
Professor Ali Ahsan said, 'Obaidul Quader has now opened his eyes. Talking about. But I still have to say the critical stage (complex situation). '
Earlier, Obaidul Quader was admitted to the BSMMU Hospital as he had breathing problem after Fazr prayers today.
He has been diagnosed with three blockages in his coronary artery, according to the BSMMU physicians.
The minister was first taken to Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at 8.30 am and then shifted to the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) of BSMMU.
- UN top officials urged to pursue Myanmar for safe zone
- Russia eases citizenship rules in east Ukraine
- Govt mulling commission to identify Bangabandhu killers
- Sri Lanka admits `major` lapse over deadly Islamist blasts
- Bangladesh, Kyrgyzstan reach semifinals
- Malaria situation improves in CHT
- PM alerted about terror activities
- 105 illegal structures demolished in N’ganj, Tongi
- Indian envoy calls on President
- PM consoles Zayan’s family
- Zayan laid to rest
- Brexit or no Brexit, UK with Bangladesh: Sir Simon
- BNP mourns Zayan’s killing in Sri Lanka bombings
- DU-affiliated 7 college students withdraw blockade
- Zayan’s namaz-e-janaza held
- Happy Birthday Sachin Tendulkar!
- Mannan for tapping huge potentials of blue economy
- UFO sightings have reached an all-time high
- Primary assistant teacher recruitment exam from May 10
- Procession, meeting banned at IU
- Company tempted farmers for tobacco cultivation!
- Google gets FAA OK for drone deliveries
- Sri Lanka attacks: Bomber ‘studied in UK and Australia’
- PM at Banani to see Zayan’s body
- OC’s cellphones seized over Nusrat killing case
- ‘We stand beside Mila’
- Fire at Kutupalong Rohingya camp
- Edu minister for upsurge education budget
- Harvesting Irri-boro paddy begins in Rajshahi
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- All News »
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- Journalist Zafar Wazed new PIB DG
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- PM returns home tomorrow
- Sudan`s Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- Adele separates from husband
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- Nusrat murder: Moni put on 5-day remand