Quader not being taken Singapore today
Published: 10:40 PM, 3 March 2019
Awami League general secretary, road transport and bridge minister Obaidul Quader is not being taken to Singapore today. This decision has been taken after the country's medical delegation meeting with Singapore.
Obaidul Quader, who is undergoing treatment at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU). BSMMU Vice-Chancellor Kanak Kanti Barua told reporters that the decision was made at about 9:30 pm on Sunday.
Kanak Kanti Barua said "Three-member medical delegation came from Singapore by Air Ambulance this evening. Our medical board sat with them and decided not to be sent to Singapore today. He is better now. Opening eyes, trying to talk. In this situation, he will not be sent to Singapore. " He said, 'We will see his condition till tomorrow morning (Monday), then he will be sent to Singapore if needed'.
Shortly before the Vice Chancellor's brief, AL praesidium member Sheikh Fazlul Karim Selim briefed reporters. He said, "We are not taking him (Singapore) to Singapore. The doctors said that he had to fly for four hours to take Singapore. ICU does not have enough facilities in Air Ambulance. He also said that doctors will monitor their physical condition until 10am on Monday. Air ambulances will stay here till 10am.
Earlier this evening, BSMMU doctors informed the media about the physical condition of Obaidul Quader is critical.
Then Syed Ali Ahsan, chairman of BSMMU's Cardiology Department, said that NGOs are seen to be blocking their three arteries. His previous diabetes was uncontrolled.
Professor Ali Ahsan said, 'Obaidul Quader has now opened his eyes. Talking about. But I still have to say the critical stage (complex situation). '
Earlier, Obaidul Quader was admitted to the BSMMU Hospital as he had breathing problem after Fazr prayers today.
He has been diagnosed with three blockages in his coronary artery, according to the BSMMU physicians.
The minister was first taken to Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at 8.30 am and then shifted to the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) of BSMMU.
- German arms export freeze on Saudi Arabia extended
- 6 arrested in Bagha border with Indian citizens
- Argentina court approves hijab!
- Finally suspension order of Zinia withdrawn
- 60 marks exam must to be BCL leaders
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- Tree plantation program held at IU
- Rabab Fatima appointed Bangladesh’s envoy to UN
- Dope test for bus drivers from Dec 1
- Ashura reminds Islam is integral part of the Abrahamic tradition
- CIP cards handover to 182 businessmen
- Bangladesh in Tri-Nation T20 final
- Bangladesh Bank upsurges ADR
- BSEC approves Standard Bank’s bond
- Fire in Liberia’s school kills over 27 children
- ‘Independent supreme court’ of Facebook
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Iran threatens to invade US with all
- Kashmiris night out on trees in raid panic
- Tea: wonderful natural beauty elements
- Vulgar message from Popy`s ID!
- Pakistan refuses Modi’s German flight over land
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- Tigers post 175/7 against Zimbabwe
- Solution to disputes with GP, Robi in 3 weeks: FnM
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Marriage in police station after rape: OC Obaidul dismissed
- Ira Khan casts brother Junaid to debut play Medea
- Mehazabien reacted on social media
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Mayaboti’ to release 22 theaters tomorrow
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Jennifer Lopez steals money and shows in ‘Hustlers’
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- ACC director Yusuf’s wife burnt in fire dies