Quader not being taken Singapore today
Published: 10:40 PM, 3 March 2019
Awami League general secretary, road transport and bridge minister Obaidul Quader is not being taken to Singapore today. This decision has been taken after the country's medical delegation meeting with Singapore.
Obaidul Quader, who is undergoing treatment at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU). BSMMU Vice-Chancellor Kanak Kanti Barua told reporters that the decision was made at about 9:30 pm on Sunday.
Kanak Kanti Barua said "Three-member medical delegation came from Singapore by Air Ambulance this evening. Our medical board sat with them and decided not to be sent to Singapore today. He is better now. Opening eyes, trying to talk. In this situation, he will not be sent to Singapore. " He said, 'We will see his condition till tomorrow morning (Monday), then he will be sent to Singapore if needed'.
Shortly before the Vice Chancellor's brief, AL praesidium member Sheikh Fazlul Karim Selim briefed reporters. He said, "We are not taking him (Singapore) to Singapore. The doctors said that he had to fly for four hours to take Singapore. ICU does not have enough facilities in Air Ambulance. He also said that doctors will monitor their physical condition until 10am on Monday. Air ambulances will stay here till 10am.
Earlier this evening, BSMMU doctors informed the media about the physical condition of Obaidul Quader is critical.
Then Syed Ali Ahsan, chairman of BSMMU's Cardiology Department, said that NGOs are seen to be blocking their three arteries. His previous diabetes was uncontrolled.
Professor Ali Ahsan said, 'Obaidul Quader has now opened his eyes. Talking about. But I still have to say the critical stage (complex situation). '
Earlier, Obaidul Quader was admitted to the BSMMU Hospital as he had breathing problem after Fazr prayers today.
He has been diagnosed with three blockages in his coronary artery, according to the BSMMU physicians.
The minister was first taken to Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at 8.30 am and then shifted to the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) of BSMMU.
- New virus cases soar in S.Korea
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- 2 held over schoolgirl rape in B`baria
- Amar Ekushey observed in CU
- Kohli to play Mujib Year`s T20Is
- Seven-day book fair begins in Dinajpur
- GP agrees to pay Tk 1000cr to BTRC
- Rodela Jannat knot tie with Sujon
- A win can change whole situation: Mominul
- UN publishes report in Bengali on Language Day
- 4 killed in Mymensingh road crash
- BNP fails to deliver politics for mass people: Hasan
- Poonam four-fer shocks Australia in tournament opener
- Metro Rail: Advantages and Benefits
- Barbed fence can`t stop language: Swapan
- Padma Bridge now 3750 meters visible
- India set 133 target for Australia
- Tigers’ humble tribute for Language Martyrs
- 5200 candle lit commemorating Language Heroes
- Human trafficker killed in Teknaf gunfire
- India elected to bat
- Opening match: Australia vs India
- Gunfight at RAB checkpoint, 1 found dead
- Sound pollution, duo arrests in Ctg
- Crowd erupted at Cumilla Shaheed Minar
- Amar Ekushey Prabhat Feri observed in Sylhet
- 2 BCL leaders crashed to fetch flowers
- Tribute procession to Ctg Central Shaheed Minar
- Prabhat Feri observed in Shariatpur
- More 115 killed in lethal COVID-19 in a day
- All News »
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Soumya with future wife
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- Sundarbans Day today
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Falguni kills 5 workers in Gopalganj