Quader not being taken Singapore today
Published: 10:40 PM, 3 March 2019
Awami League general secretary, road transport and bridge minister Obaidul Quader is not being taken to Singapore today. This decision has been taken after the country's medical delegation meeting with Singapore.
Obaidul Quader, who is undergoing treatment at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU). BSMMU Vice-Chancellor Kanak Kanti Barua told reporters that the decision was made at about 9:30 pm on Sunday.
Kanak Kanti Barua said "Three-member medical delegation came from Singapore by Air Ambulance this evening. Our medical board sat with them and decided not to be sent to Singapore today. He is better now. Opening eyes, trying to talk. In this situation, he will not be sent to Singapore. " He said, 'We will see his condition till tomorrow morning (Monday), then he will be sent to Singapore if needed'.
Shortly before the Vice Chancellor's brief, AL praesidium member Sheikh Fazlul Karim Selim briefed reporters. He said, "We are not taking him (Singapore) to Singapore. The doctors said that he had to fly for four hours to take Singapore. ICU does not have enough facilities in Air Ambulance. He also said that doctors will monitor their physical condition until 10am on Monday. Air ambulances will stay here till 10am.
Earlier this evening, BSMMU doctors informed the media about the physical condition of Obaidul Quader is critical.
Then Syed Ali Ahsan, chairman of BSMMU's Cardiology Department, said that NGOs are seen to be blocking their three arteries. His previous diabetes was uncontrolled.
Professor Ali Ahsan said, 'Obaidul Quader has now opened his eyes. Talking about. But I still have to say the critical stage (complex situation). '
Earlier, Obaidul Quader was admitted to the BSMMU Hospital as he had breathing problem after Fazr prayers today.
He has been diagnosed with three blockages in his coronary artery, according to the BSMMU physicians.
The minister was first taken to Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at 8.30 am and then shifted to the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) of BSMMU.
- Rowshan thanks countrymen for showing respect to Ershad
- Man gets life term for raping teenager in Kurigram
- 10 dead, many trapped in Mumbai building collapse
- Why Patience is a Virtue?
- Mobile healthcare for flood victims
- Why railway crossing ‘death trap’?
- Monsoon rains wreak flood havoc across South Asia
- I am not a racist, insists Trump
- Rifat`s wife Minni arrested
- Flood affects 42 villages in Sherpur
- We have to stand against militancy: Monirul
- Someshwari river erosion continues
- Kader’s health test completed, doctors satisfied
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Before the last ball, I thought of Mushfiqur: Stokes
- Vivo ‘Made in Bangladesh’ soon
- Ershad laid to rest in Rangpur
- US Navy reports cyberwar skill as ‘National Miscalculation’
- Shakib in Harsha Bhogle CWC19 XI
- PM directed not to buy ‘DEMU’ train more
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Bijoy, Taijul call up for Sri Lanka series
- ECNEC clears 8 projects involving Tk 5,142.6 cr
- Ershad to be buried in Rangpur
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Ex-RAJUK chair Harun gets anticipatory bail
- Heat wave sweeping over Khulna, may spread
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web
- Rohingya crisis: ICC delegation in Dhaka
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- All News »
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Netherlands Queen Maxima due today
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rickshaw pullers block Dhaka streets protesting ban
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Rifat murder: Rifat Farazi in 7-day remand
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Dutch Queen Maxima arrives
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Don’t publish deceptive information about milk: HC
- 5 things must need for securing modern network
- Sexual assault on Nusrat: charges to be formed Jul 17
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva