DNCC, DSCC polls
Quader hints about AL nomination winners
Published: 05:52 PM, 26 December 2019 Updated: 05:55 PM, 26 December 2019
Awami League general secretary Obaidul Quader said those who are likely to win the elections of the two city corporations in Dhaka will be nominated.
He said this while inaugurating the construction work of the Vogra-Joydebpur-Madanpur (Dhaka-Bypass under construction) six-lane expressway on Thursday.
The minister and Awami League general secretary Obaidul Quader has said that the Election Commission will be assisted by the government to make the election of the two city corporations free and fair. Neither the government nor the ruling parties will interfere with the city elections.
The minister said the decision regarding the 172 councilors of the two cities will be decided at a meeting of the party’s nomination board tomorrow.
Responding to a query of reporters, the minister said “Construction of Dhaka Expressway would be completed within the stipulated time. Due to some complications of the project allocation, the work of the expressway was slowing down a bit in the mid position. The allocation of money has already been resolved. Because of this, the construction of the expressway is progressing rapidly”. The project will be completed within the stipulated time, he further said.
Obaidul Quader said life is worth more than a livelihood. For this reason, he urged all to adhere to the traffic laws and use motorcycle helmets for the traffic.
He said that moral leaders, the youth generation do not obey the traffic laws of the country including Dhaka. Blaming the political issue, Quader said, Nachiman-Karimon-Votvoti (etc.) three-wheelers are running on the highways under the auspices of political leaders. These transports have become one of the major causes of accidents on roads and highways.
Although the road accidents have decreased in Bangladesh in compare to the past, the death rate in road accidents has increased alarmingly. This only because of disobedience to traffic laws. He urged all to be aware of the use of roads.
Textile and Jute Minister Ghulam Dastagir Gazi, Road and Municipal Division Chief Engineer Jawad Alam, Expressway Project Director Sabuj Uddin Khan, Chinese Ambassador HE Lee Jiming and senior officials of the Roads and Highways Department were also present in the program.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks