Quader asks to form new committees before national council
Published: 08:18 PM, 19 June 2019
Awami League (AL) General Secretary Obaidul Quader today asks the tenure-expired party units and associate bodies to hold their respective councils and form committees before the National Council.
Quader, also road transport and bridges minister, gave the directive at an extended meeting of Dhaka North City unit of AL at the party’s central office in the city’s Bangabandhu Avenue, marking the AL’s 70th founding anniversary.
Informing that the activists led by tenure-expired committees will get new committees before October, the AL general secretary said, “We have issued directives to our tenure-expired associate bodies as well as the party’s city, district, upazila and Thana units to hold their respective councils”.
He urged the party men not to look for favorite people during formation of committees, but to look for people suitable for the party.
“Do not neglect the party leaders and activists during their bad time. Stand by the helpless and the poor party men” Quader said.
Warning that stern actions will be taken against the rebel candidates, the minister said discussions will be held in the next executive committee meeting in this regard.
Speaking about BNP’s claim that the release of Begum Khaleda Zia remains stuck because of the government, AL general secretary said BNP’s such allegations are unrealistic and ridiculous.
“Only court can release Khaleda. The government has no interference in this regard,” he said, adding AL government never interfered on courts and will not do.
President of Dhaka North City unit of AL AKM Rahmatullah presided over the meeting while General Secretary Sadek Khan, Vice-President Sheikh Bazlur Rahman, Publicity and Publication Secretary Mizanur Rahman Mizan and Assistant Publicity and Publication Secretary Azizul Haque Rana spoke in the meeting, among others.
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- Law minister doesn’t consider Priya’s statement as seditious offence
- BJP politician downs Darwin’s theory of evolution
- No action to be taken hastily against Priya Saha: Quader
- 7 including 4 cops killed in dual blast in Pakistan
- WhatsApp: Security & privacy
- Tractor rams motorcyclist in Dinajpur
- Fire at Banani multi-storey building again
- Eating burger links chronic diseases!
- Hammerhead shark found first-ever
- Court denies bail for Minni
- Drug peddler killed in Teknaf gunfight
- 28 killed in N. Afghanistan airstrike
- Heatwave in U.S. kills 6
- Rain likely to increase in next 72 hrs
- Bail hearing for Minni today
- Death toll hits 15 in Chinese gas plant explosion
- 2 sedition cases filed against Priya Saha
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Not only diplomacy but economic issues should also be emphasised
- Over 22,000 rally in Moscow for fair polls
- Today’s sports on TV
- Zimbabwe not taking part Bangladesh T20 tri-series
- Hong Kong actor Simon Yam stabbed on stage in China
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- HM Ershad passes away
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- How to get HSC result
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Minni sent to jail
- PM urges DCs to be sincere for accelerated development
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur