Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
Published: 09:42 PM, 17 August 2019
Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader today called upon party leaders and workers to remain alert against “conspiracies of BNP-Jamaat clique”.
“BNP-Jamaat clique is still hatching conspiracies. We will have to remain united against their conspiracies,” he told an anti-terrorism rally in front of AL central office at Bangabandhu Avenue here.
Dhaka City North and South units of AL jointly arranged the rally marking the anniversary of countrywide series bombings on August 17 in 2005.
About BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir’s remark that the government wants to make BNP leaderless, Quader said BNP leaders themselves are making the party bankrupt.
Fakhrul did not take oath in due time after being elected a member of parliament and made the parliamentary seat vacant, he said.
The AL general secretary said BNP has made itself bankrupt by doing negative politics, making mistakes and patronizing terrorism and militancy.
Quader said BNP had wanted to make Awami League leaderless by carrying out attacks on AL leaders during the regime of BNP-Jamaat.
He said the countrywide series bomb blasts were carried out under the patronage of the BNP government.
The AL general secretary said those incidents cannot be forgotten. But forgetting the August 15 carnage and August 21 grenade attack, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina went to console BNP Chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia when her son Arafat Rahman Koko passed away but BNP closed the doors for the premier, he added.
AL Joint General Secretaries Mahbub-ul-Alam Hanif and Jahangir Kabir Nanak, Organizing Secretaries Ahmed Hossain, AFM Bahauddin Nasim, Enamul Haque Shamim and Mohibul Hasan Chowdhury Nowfel, Office Secretary Dr Abdus Sobhan Golap, AL central leader Advocate Qamrul Islam, Dhaka City South AL General Secretary Shahe Alam Murad, among others, addressed the rally.
Dhaka City South AL President Abul Hasnat chaired the rally.
- S Korea`s young men are fighting against feminism
- Hong Kong protesters trash subway station, stage mall rally
- 19 arrested from 3 Spa centers at Gulshan-1
- Nasima Begum appointed NHRC Chairman
- Houthi rebels in Yemen say they will stop attacks on Saudi Arabia
- 5 JMB men sentenced 12 yrs jail for Khilkhet bomb attack
- 16 years friendship or something!
- U-19 cricket team leaves for NZ Monday
- Couple becomes millionaire by cheating
- Live crocodile in pond!
- Twin Town: An unsolved mystery of India
- Daughter demands info on Mehbooba Mufti’s arrest
- Huge Typhoon Tapah threatens Japan, South Korea
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Football held in Gaibandha
- India opt to bat in 3rd T20
- Stem cells to repair brain
- Stay out of Gulf; Iran warns
- Alia Bhatt to play lead in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s Gangubai!
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Casino gadgets recovered from 4 clubs in Motijheel
- Online products sellers to pay VAT: NBR
- College student killed for ransom
- ACC: Govt officials held in Dinajpur
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Rashid Khan uncertain for tri-series final
- JU `A` unit admission tests held
- How can you make your feet pretty?
- Bandit jumps into river gripping woman
- Charge sheet against Minni fabricated: Lawyer
- Foreign liquor recovered in Padma!
- All News »
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Puja Cherry got married!
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing