Punarbhava River is now playground
Published: 02:52 PM, 1 March 2019 Updated: 03:16 PM, 1 March 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Punarbhava River is just history. The river with the torrential stream of the past; is now wave-less. Dinajpur city is found by this river’s bank. There were many goods in the boat that would have been taken by the waterways. Now this river is just a playground.
Various crops, including rice and other crops, are being cultivated in different rivers of the district. There are many grass fields and playground have been created on the drier lands of the dead rivers of the district including the Punarbhava River. River lodging is seen in different areas too. Although there are plans in the paper to save the river, it is not in practice. On the other hand, many domestic species of fish and aquatic animals have been lost due to drying of the river before dry season. As a result, fishermen are changing their profession to other jobs. However, the proposal for dredging in three rivers has been sent to the Water Development Board (WDO). Rubber dam has been installed in three rivers for irrigation facilities also.
Sujon of Dinajpur Kanchon area said, there is no water in the Punarbhava River. Although a little water flow is seen in the rainy season but no water for the rest of the year. Now there is no water, so we play cricket in the river now.
Deputy Assistant Engineer of Dinajpur Water Development Board Siddiqur Zaman Noyon said that due to not digging, the width and depth of several rivers, including Tepa River, have almost become flat. During the monsoon season, rivers are filled with sediments and sand and being dead. Farming is going on river chest lands. On the other hand, flood in some rivers is seen in rainy season. There is a problem of draining in the city also. For this, after the last flood, we have sent proposals to the senior authority to dredging the Punarbhava River, Small and Large Tepa and the Gargeshwari River.
- S Korea`s young men are fighting against feminism
- Hong Kong protesters trash subway station, stage mall rally
- 19 arrested from 3 Spa centers at Gulshan-1
- Nasima Begum appointed NHRC Chairman
- Houthi rebels in Yemen say they will stop attacks on Saudi Arabia
- 5 JMB men sentenced 12 yrs jail for Khilkhet bomb attack
- 16 years friendship or something!
- U-19 cricket team leaves for NZ Monday
- Couple becomes millionaire by cheating
- Live crocodile in pond!
- Twin Town: An unsolved mystery of India
- Daughter demands info on Mehbooba Mufti’s arrest
- Huge Typhoon Tapah threatens Japan, South Korea
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Football held in Gaibandha
- India opt to bat in 3rd T20
- Stem cells to repair brain
- Stay out of Gulf; Iran warns
- Alia Bhatt to play lead in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s Gangubai!
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Casino gadgets recovered from 4 clubs in Motijheel
- Online products sellers to pay VAT: NBR
- College student killed for ransom
- ACC: Govt officials held in Dinajpur
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Rashid Khan uncertain for tri-series final
- JU `A` unit admission tests held
- How can you make your feet pretty?
- Bandit jumps into river gripping woman
- Charge sheet against Minni fabricated: Lawyer
- Foreign liquor recovered in Padma!
- All News »
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Puja Cherry got married!
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing