Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
Published: 10:18 AM, 20 March 2019 Updated: 01:29 PM, 20 March 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Students blocked the road for the second day in the incident of the death of a student named Abrar Ahmed Ahmed Chowdhury in the capital's Pragati Sarani.
They were protesting on the road at Bashundhara Residential Gate area around 9:30 am on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, a case has been filed with the Gulshan Police Station in connection with the killing of Abrar Ahmed Chowdhury. Abrar’s uncle filed a lawsuit on Tuesday night.
Gulshan Police Station SI Jahangir Alam confirmed the matter on Wednesday morning.
Earlier on Tuesday (March 19), Abrar Ahmed Chowdhury going to get in the BUP's bus in front of the Jamuna Future Park in Narda around 7:00 am.
At that time, a ‘Suprovat Paribahan’ bus ran over him. After the accident, Abrar's classmates, angry students, and locals blocked the road in front of Jamuna Future Park. They chanted slogans demanding fair investigation and trial of responsible people.
Students of various educational institutions, including BUP, blocked roads on both sides of Pragati Sarani. But there were no untoward incidents like vandalism. Students' demand is the punishment of the convicted bus driver. They are also giving slogans to demand safe roads.
It is to be noted that, after giving the 8-point demand, the students of Bangladesh University of Professionals (BUP) left the road on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, agitated students started protesting on the road for the second consecutive day from the morning. Apart from this, they have called boycott all classes and road blockade across the country today (on Wednesday).
- Rohingya man among two killed in gunfight
- Midnight bomb panic in Paltan, Khamarbari
- AL leader slaughtered in Lama
- Countrywide water transport strike underway
- England face Ireland in 1st Test today
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Pickup claims 3 worker lives
- Renu lynching: Prime accused arrested
- Chelsea beat Barcelona in Japan friendly
- Hajj Health Tips
- DU students protest continues for 3rd Day
- Airbus’ new concept: ‘Bird of prey’ plane
- Ill race of making bridges
- S Korea’s warning shot at Russ army jet
- Malinga set to retire after 1st Bangladesh ODI
- Mithun, Mushfiqur star as Bangladesh win warm-up
- Quader orders to repair flood-hit roads before Eid
- Blackout forced 4m Venezuelan to leave country
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Boris Johnson to be next UK PM
- Chairmanship odds in JP: Rowshan`s ambiguous state
- Bribery scam: Ex-ACC Director Basir sent to jail
- New research unveils real cause of heart attack
- Four killed in Narayanganj’s 4 Upazilas
- ‘Stern action if killing people over child lifting rumor’
- 5828 multimedia classrooms installed in Rajshahi
- Sergeant Kibria’s father files writ seeking compensation
- Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Three father of a newborn baby!
- Shokh to play Minni’s role in Eid
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- Minni sent to jail
- Shokh to play Minni’s role in Eid
- How to get HSC result
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
- BHBCUC suspends Priya Saha
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- ‘Child lifters’ rumor: innocence loses life
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- Humanity for animal !
- Court denies bail for Minni
- “Macedon too small for you, one day you will conquer world”
- ‘Masud Rana’s shooting set to kick-off
- Indian teenage TV actor killed in road crash
- Zimbabwe not taking part Bangladesh T20 tri-series
- We want to grab 1st place in producing fish: PM