Pros and Cons of Arranged Marriage
Published: 04:53 PM, 28 December 2017
Arranged marriage is a traditional matrimonial ceremony which is proceeding all around the world where parents predetermine their child whom they going to marry.
This tradition is still commonly practiced in Bangladesh, India, South Asia, and other parts of the world. Recently it has begun to raise controversy. People are beginning to ask questions about the reasoning and ideas behind these arranged marriages.
Pros of Arranged Marriages
1. The “One”
People who are placed in an arranged marriage do not have to concern about the dating world, or waiting for the “one”. This takes out a lot of stress and anxiety in life.
2. Parental Discretion
Your parents are the ones whom they choose your future partner, so you do not have to worry about them like your spouse. The same goes for having to worry about your in-laws approving of you.
3. Same Morals
Your parents will choose your spouse extremely carefully. They will make sure it is someone who matches your own beliefs and morals to ensure congeniality.
4. Love Grows
You may say there is no love growing in arranged marriage. But that does not mean you are doomed in a loveless marriage. Love takes time but will bloom (hopefully).
Cons of Arranged Marriages
1. Wedding in out of blue
You may feel like it is not your own wedding like you marry a ghost whom you never see in your life. You do not know anything about the person you are marrying nor their family. It is completely done by the families, the bride and groom have very little say in their wedding ceremony.
2. Dating Destitute
When you have an arranged marriage, dating is taken out of the equation. You do not get the chance to figure out what you do and do not like in a partner.
3. Placing Blame
If any marital problems arise between the couple then the parents are often the first to be blamed. The family take the full blame and humiliate if it turns into a divorce because it perceived as their fault.
4. Family Ties
It is inevitable that your family will be highly involved in your life. This includes your married life. This can cause problems between the married couple.
5. Waiting for Love
Love takes a long time to develop. When two people are thrown into a marriage which is not based on the foundation of love, it may take quite some time for these feeling to develop. This can lead to depression, misery, and divorce.
- Swastika Mukherjee in Bangladeshi movie
- BCB meets with Domingo-Shakib
- Scarlett Johansson: World`s most expensive actress
- JaPa to start nomination paper sale Sunday
- Teenage gang: A name of terror
- Woman kills sleeping husband
- Ten symptoms of uterus cancer
- Mosharraf Karim in Kolkata film!
- Saif hits ton but Bangladesh HP lost ODI series to SL
- Rahul Gandhi denied entry to Kashmir, sent back from airport
- Man in 3 different govt jobs at same time!
- People pay final tributes to Muzaffar Ahmed
- UAE woman seeks divorce for loving her too much!
- 3 including mother-son killed in Faridpur road crash
- 8 kills as bus falls into ditch breaking bridge railing
- Road fill with holes!
- Sylhet Sixers’ payment dispute with BCB solved
- 185 killed in 135 road crash during Eid holidays
- Modi to receive ‘Order of Zayed’
- Sri Lanka 244 all out in 1st innings
- Pori Moni spreads warmth in dawn’s avatar
- Magura police explained ban on shaggy style haircutting
- SAFF U-15 Championship: Bangladesh take on SL
- 4 Bangladeshis killed in Medina road crash
- Two RAB ASPs promoted as Addl SP
- Dengue claims minor child in M’singh
- Baby alive though trains passed over!
- Bus falls into ditch breaking bridge railing, kills 6
- Mim offers night call over phone
- Why is part of the Amazon burning?
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- PEC exam schedule published
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!