Prof Muzaffar laid to rest with state honor
Published: 06:27 PM, 25 August 2019
President of Bangladesh National Awami Party (NAP) Professor Muzaffar Ahmed was laid to eternal rest at his Allahabad village of Debidwar Upazila in Cumilla district on Sunday after Johr prayers with full state honour.
Muzaffar, also a member of the advisory council of the Mujibnagar government that led Bangladesh’s Liberation War in 1971, was given guard of honor before the burial following his fifth namaz-e-janaza at his native village, said NAP Presidium Member Advocate Enamul Haque.
Earlier, his body was taken to the Cumilla Town Hall this morning for conducting his forth namaz-e-janaza, he added.
National and local leaders of different political parties were present at the time.
His first namaz-e-janaza was held at South Plaza of Jatiya Sangsad (JS) while the second one was held in front of his party office in capital’s New Market area.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, Speaker DR Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury, ministers, parliament members and leaders of different political parties joined the first namaz-e-janaza.
Later, Prime Minister and Speaker paid rich tributes to Prof Muzaffar Ahmed who was one of the luminaries of left politics in the subcontinent.
They paid the homage by placing wreaths to his coffin draped with the red-green national flag. After laying the wreaths, the premier stood in solemn silence for some time as a mark of profound respect to the memory of Prof Muzaffar.
Mozaffar’s body was also taken to the Central Shaheed Minar yesterday where people of all strata and politicians paid rich tribute placing floral wreaths on his coffin.
Cabinet members and different political leaders and socio-cultural organisations paid glowing tributes to the veteran at that time.
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- Zinc factory in remote village!
- Rohingya terrorist detained with pistol from Balukhali camp
- Saudi clears multiple Umrah fine
- AL withdraws candidature for Rangpur-3 by-polls
- ‘Viqarunnisa principal can’t join before 11:00 am on Tuesday’
- Does your cream contain vitamin C?
- HC orders judicial inquiry against Puthia OC
- PM orders to form separate police unit for Metro Rail
- Spicy Fish Kabab
- Idol makers passing busy days in Khulna
- Sunerah in short film
- Youth kills brother for 10 bucks
- Kishoreganj Manik murder: 10 get life term
- 3000 Bangladeshi may lose citizenship in Italy!
- BRTC does not need corrupt officials: Quader
- Ronaldo tearful watching video of his father
- 10 tips to prevent diabetes
- Azhar’s appeal hearing anyday
- India arrests senior Kashmir leader
- Bangabandhu’s Chhatra League can`t be deviated: Joy-Lekhak
- Moushumi to fight for BFAA Presidency
- JU Scam: BNP demands VC’s removal
- ‘Post-rape’ wedding in PS: Probe body finds authenticity
- Defaulted loans: No release for FBL even renamed
- 203 dies of dengue so far
- NRC announced in Haryana, India
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Australian dies while fleeing swooping magpie
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- 5yrs without Firoza Begum
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Nan Madol: Ghost City on sea
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Runa Laila for the 1st time in long music career
- Bribe-taking sub-registrar to be suspended
- Shakib prized Afghanistan
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- White House: A monstrous residence
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday