Priyanka Gandhi asked to exit govt Bungalow by Aug 1...

Dhaka, Monday   10 August 2020

Beximco LPG Gas

Priyanka Gandhi asked to exit govt Bungalow by Aug 1

 International Desk daily-bangladesh.com

 Published: 11:42 PM, 1 July 2020  

Priyanka Gandhi asked to exit govt Bungalow by Aug 1

Priyanka Gandhi asked to exit govt Bungalow by Aug 1

Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra has been asked to vacate her government bungalow in Delhi by August 1. A government notice said her allotment stands canceled from today and she owes Rs 3.46 lakh in dues.

Priyanka Gandhi was "expecting this decision after the withdrawal of SPG (Special Protection Group) security," sources close to her said, adding that this would not deter from her political work or from criticizing the government.

Shortly after the notice, she also made an online payment to ensure that her dues were all paid, according to sources.

In the notice, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs said Priyanka Gandhi must exit bungalow 35 on Lodhi Estate allotted to her in 1997 as she no longer has Special Protection Group security. She is not entitled to a bungalow, said officials, unless the home ministry makes an exception on grounds of security.

"Consequent upon withdrawal of SPG protection and grant of Z+ security cover by Ministry of Home Affairs, which does not have provision for allotment/retention of government accommodation on security ground to you, the allotment of Type 6B house number 35, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi is hereby canceled with effect from 01/07/2020," said the ministry's notice.

Priyanka Gandhi has been told that if she stays beyond August 1, she will have to pay a penalty.

Sources close to the Congress leader said she had been reluctant to take the government bungalow in the first place but was forced to do so because of the SPG, which did not allow her to move into Sainik Farms in south Delhi after she married Robert Vadra.

DailyBangladesh/SA