Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas are married!
Published: 09:09 PM, 1 December 2018 Updated: 09:09 PM, 1 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas tied the knot during a Western wedding in Chopra’s home country of India on Saturday. The nuptials, held at the Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, come just four months after the pair was engaged in July 2018.
Chopra, 36, was a glowing bride in a custom Ralph Lauren wedding gown, and Jonas, too, wore Ralph Lauren. In fact, so did both families, all of the bridesmaids, and all of the groomsmen (which included Chopra’s brother Siddharth and Jonas’ three brothers, Joe, Kevin, and Frankie).
The groom’s father, Paul Kevin Jonas Sr., officiated Saturday’s Christian ceremony, where the couple exchanged wedding bands by famed jeweler Chopard.
On Sunday, the bride and groom will continue their epic wedding weekend with a Hindu ceremony to honor Chopra’s background.
“It is super important to Priyanka to have an Indian ceremony that honors her heritage and culture, just as it’s important to also have a Western ceremony that honors Nick’s Christian upbringing,” a source told earlier this week. “They are doing both.”
Ahead of their big weekend, the couple celebrated Thanksgiving in India together. Days later, they held a puja ceremony to spiritually celebrate the upcoming event.
Following their arrival in Jodhpur, Chopra had a mehndi ceremony, where all the women in the bride and groom’s families and close female friends gather as the bride has elaborate henna designs applied to her hands and feet (guests usually get a few designs on their hands too) and the couple celebrated with a sangeet, an over-the-top party with endless food and drinks and perform songs or dances in honor of the couple.
Meanwhile, the couple first began talking in 2016 via Twitter and met in person for the first time at a party for the Academy Awards in 2017.
In September, Jonas opened up about the beginning of his romance with Chopra during an appearance on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. “It was kind of immediate, and I think we just knew it was right and jumped right in,” he said, even revealing their hilarious celebrity nickname. “She likes Prick,” he joked. “I don’t like that one very much.”
Chopra previously told that she was ready to be a mother.
“I am a very ‘live in the today,’ maximum ‘live in the next two months’ kind of person. But [in] 10 years, I definitely want to have kids. That is, it’s going to happen in the next 10 years. Well, hopefully, earlier than that. I’m very fond of children and I want to be able to do that,” she said.
- Mild heat wave likely to continue
- Rajshahi growers likely to export 50 tonnes mango
- Drug trader killed in gunfight with BGB
- 9 nurses pregnant at one hospital at same time
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Rangamati
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- War would mean ‘end’ of Iran: Trump
- Snatcher killed in Chattogram gunfight
- Today’s sports on TV
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Blast injures tourists near Giza pyramids
- Simmons to step down as AFG coach after WC
- Exit polls says Modi could assume again as India PM
- Mobile banking transaction limit increased
- Niketa gets AL ticket for Bogura-6 by-poll
- PM host Iftar for freedom fighters and orphans
- Bangladesh will play in semi-final: Akash Chopra
- Pollard, Bravo named in Windies` CWC19 reserves
- Farmers face Tk 11,000 loss per Bigha!
- Security to be beefed up for Eid-ul Fitr: HM
- World Metrology Day tomorrow
- Setaria farming to increase fertility
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- How to pass 65 days?
- Bangladesh`s World Cup mission starts
- Second semifinal to be held at Edgbaston
- May plans ‘bold offer’ to get support deal
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Life-Changing Lessons from the Quran (Part-1)
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Magnitude 7.5 quake hits off Papua New Guinea
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Bringing flavor back to tomatoes
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- Poverty rate comes down
- BCL announced full-fledged committee
- PM likely to visit 3 countries
- Quader returns home this evening
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Quader to join his office today
- Two Rohingya human traffickers killed in gunfight
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- Active bullock cart, crisis of day laborer
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- HC bars use of phrase ‘fake freedom fighter’
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- Secret of sensational Majed killings revealed
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- Advanced train ticket sale begins May 22
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- President reaches London
- Magistrate`s car attacked in Ctg
- Tigers storm into final with emphatic win
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today