Principal Siraj beaten by other accused
Published: 04:36 PM, 24 October 2019 Updated: 10:20 PM, 24 October 2019
All the 16 accused have been sentenced to death in the murder case of Feni’s Madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi. After hearing the verdict, the accused were slapped and beat Sirajuddoula, the prime accused in the case.
The incident took place on Thursday when the 16 accused, along with principal Siraj, took to Prison Van after the verdict.
While being taken to jail following the death sentence in the Nusrat murder case, the other accused suddenly beat Siraj after he was lifted to PrisonVan, according to eyewitnesses.
“We got death sentence because of you” — some of the defendants are saying at that time.
Earlier, the court sentenced 16 people including principal Md Sirajuddoula to death in the case lodged over the murder of Sonagazi madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi. At the same time, the accused have been fined Tk 1 lakh each.
Judge Md Mamunur Rashed of Feni Women and Child Repression Prevention Tribunal pronounced the verdict.
The death awardees are — former principal of Sonagazi Islamia Senior Fazil Madrasa Md Sirajuddaula, Nur Uddin, Shahdat Hossain Shamim, Sonagazi municipality councillor Maksud Alam, Saifur Rahman Mohammad Jobayer, Jabed Hossain alias Sakhwat Hossain Jabed, Hafez Abdul Kader, Afsar Uddin, Kamrun Nahar Moni, Umme Sultana alias Popy alias Tuhin alias Shampa alias Champa, Abdur Rahim Sharif, Eftekhar Uddin Rana, Imran Hossain alias Mamun, Mohammad Shamim, Vice-President of the Governing Body of Madrasah Ruhul Amin and Mohiuddin Shakil.
- UK Labour makes radical election pitch
- `Humble` Mourinho not planning on big changes at Spurs
- Another cargo flight with 105 mts Egyptian onion lands
- Israel PM Netanyahu charged with corruption
- Event Flow of Kolkata Test
- Nasim asks party men to make AL council success
- President condoles death of Katiadi AL leader Golap Mia
- Tennis Federation GS Golam Morshed fired
- 41st Cairo int`l film gala kicks off at Egypt`s opera house
- Mithila: “There is a word called privacy”
- AI bot beats human in multiplayer game with secret roles
- Syed Rasel named Dhaka Platoon bowling coach
- Why exclusion of PEC candidates not illegal: HC
- Fielding will key point in pink-ball Test: Mominul
- Tahsan new look of Farooki’s “No Land’s Man”
- Nigerian air force destroys Boko Haram’s meeting venue
- Emerging Asia Cup Final to broadcast on TV
- Bourses bounce back
- Don’t pay heed to propaganda: PM
- Bangladesh wins 1st Gold in e-Asia Awards 2019
- Car-Free Street in Uttara!
- BNP failed to wage movement capitalizing onion issue: Quader
- Baby drown in Tangail
- Pope Francis visits Thai Buddhist temple
- Housewife commits suicide
- 22 civilians killed in Syria by Russian-backed government forces
- 89 detained in anti-drug drive in capital
- Players would focus only on cricket: Mominul
- Armed Forces Day celebrated peacefully
- BCB announce women’s T20 squad for SA Games
- All News »
- Humayun Ahmed’s first wife Gultekin married again
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- Fire breaks out at Rajdhani Super Market
- Case filed against Suu Kyi at Argentina court
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Myanmar genocide case hearing next month: UN court
- Messi on target as Argentina beat Brazil
- 7 bogies of Rangpur Express derail; fire at 3
- Graduation at 9!
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- Tigers opt to bat
- PM seeks larger UAE investment in Bangladesh
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft starts
- Dhaka rope Mashrafe, Tamim
- International Men’s Day today
- Swechchhasebok League gets new President, GS
- Writ seeking Tk 10 cr compensation for Abrar’s family
- Srijit’s talks on marriage with Mithila
- BPL Players’ draft: Who in which team
- Thousands devotees in Lokenath Ashram with luminaries
- Bangladesh now a beggar-free country; says Quader
- Messi-led Argentina arrive in Israel for Uruguay friendly
- Fire burns Rangpur Express (Video)
- Sand-laden vessel sinks in Meghna being hit by launch: 3 missing
- Abrar murder: Arrest warrant issued against 4
- Malaysia to hire Bangladeshi workers at low cost
- PSC, Ebtedayee terminal exams begin tomorrow
- Amazon appeals $10B Pentagon contract won by Microsoft