Prince William`s wife Kate in hospital in labour
Published: 06:12 PM, 23 April 2018
Kate Middleton; File Photo
Kate Middleton, the wife of Britain`s Prince William, was admitted to hospital in London on Monday in the early stages of labour, Kensington Palace announced.
The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting her third child, after Prince George and Princess Charlotte. The baby will be fifth in line to the British throne.
The 36-year-old was admitted to the private Lindo Wing of St. Mary`s Hospital in central London, where George, four, and two-year-old Charlotte were born.
She was accompanied by William, their Kensington Palace home said in a statement. The hospital is a mile (less than two kilometres) from the palace.
"Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was admitted to St. Mary`s Hospital, Paddington, London earlier this morning in the early stages of labour," the statement said.
"The Duchess travelled by car from Kensington Palace to the Lindo Wing at St. Mary`s Hospital with The Duke of Cambridge."
Royal fanatics have been camped outside the hospital wing for several days in anticipation.
A night at the Lindo Wing costs o7,500 ($10,500, 8,550 euros), including a delivery package and two-room suite, excluding consultants` fees.
The baby will be the sixth great-grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II, who turned 92 on Saturday, and her husband Prince Philip.
It will hold the title of prince or princess after Queen Elizabeth changed the rules in 2012 to ensure that all of William`s children would be entitled to the style.
As with their two previous children, the royal couple does not know whether the baby is a boy or a girl.
- Australia beat England by 64 runs
- Speedy Trial Act for more 5 yrs
- New galaxy discovered by Muslim Astrophysicist!
- IU resumes evening courses
- Cumilla University unveils Tk 42-cr budget
- New evidence on the reliability of climate modeling
- Sun`s history found buried in Moon`s crust
- Textile minister assures to restart all shattered mills
- Actress Bubli critically injured
- Convince Myanmar to take Rohingyas back: PM to China
- Hajj flight begins July 4
- Bangladesh denounces Houthi attack on Saudi airport
- Astral relics of 5,000 yrs old discovered in China
- Bangladesh now at sole height’s political stability: Speaker in IMF meet
- England’s slack batting before destructive Australia
- Australia set a target of 286 for England
- No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
- JP-led govt will be formed in future: GM Quader
- Army Chief to visit United Nations Peacekeeping Mission
- Dementia risk tied to common drugs
- Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
- Action against govt officials if drug addict: HM
- FR Tower: ACC’s case accusing Ex-RAJUK chair among 25
- PM’s good news for Tigers
- Brian Lara hospitalized after chest pain
- Who responsible for collapsed bridges?
- Exemption with financial benefit by SI
- All pasteurised milk including Pran-Milk Vita-Arong adulterated
- Holey Artisan attack case: Five more policemen testify
- England wins toss, bowl first
- All News »
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Probe report submission deferred again
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- 3 to die, 7 get life for Kishoreganj murder
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Rainfall may increase in next 72 hrs
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties