Prince William`s wife Kate in hospital in labour
Published: 06:12 PM, 23 April 2018
Kate Middleton; File Photo
Kate Middleton, the wife of Britain`s Prince William, was admitted to hospital in London on Monday in the early stages of labour, Kensington Palace announced.
The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting her third child, after Prince George and Princess Charlotte. The baby will be fifth in line to the British throne.
The 36-year-old was admitted to the private Lindo Wing of St. Mary`s Hospital in central London, where George, four, and two-year-old Charlotte were born.
She was accompanied by William, their Kensington Palace home said in a statement. The hospital is a mile (less than two kilometres) from the palace.
"Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was admitted to St. Mary`s Hospital, Paddington, London earlier this morning in the early stages of labour," the statement said.
"The Duchess travelled by car from Kensington Palace to the Lindo Wing at St. Mary`s Hospital with The Duke of Cambridge."
Royal fanatics have been camped outside the hospital wing for several days in anticipation.
A night at the Lindo Wing costs o7,500 ($10,500, 8,550 euros), including a delivery package and two-room suite, excluding consultants` fees.
The baby will be the sixth great-grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II, who turned 92 on Saturday, and her husband Prince Philip.
It will hold the title of prince or princess after Queen Elizabeth changed the rules in 2012 to ensure that all of William`s children would be entitled to the style.
As with their two previous children, the royal couple does not know whether the baby is a boy or a girl.
- Samrat-Arman taken to Rab office for interrogation
- HC orders to remove mobile tower from sensitive spot
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- EU and Britain finally agree on new Brexit deal
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 3 JMB members in 5 days remand
- FIFA to continue support for promotion football in Bangladesh
- Unnecessary bloodshed in mountains: HM
- Smart way of making Coffee to lessen weight
- PM Hasina-Modi invited for BAN-IND Test in Kolkata
- Way of cooking tasty ‘malai meat’
- Ambulance cylinder blast kills 2 in Ctg
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Ganguly on ICC`s plan to host World Cup every 3 yrs
- PM gives jersey to FIFA president
- Anti-Terrorism Tribunal’s PP Jahangir released
- 3 cops suspended for transporting mother Hilsa
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Bella Hadid, the most beautiful woman in world, says Science
- Jessia, contestant for ‘Miss Universe Bangladesh’
- Bosila militant den raid: Probe report on Nov 18
- HC’s full verdict removing mobile towers from sensitive places
- Tamim gets injured, pulled out from 2nd round of NCL
- 3 ‘New JMB’ militants detained in Gabtoli
- Brutal murder of Tuhin: Lawyers vows not to fight for accused
- Kuwait-Chattogram direct flight starts Oct 30
- Four dead in Philippine quake
- Bengali calendar changes
- 15 killed in Mexico armed clashes
- Today’s Sports on TV
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Abrar’s roommate Mizan held
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar Murder: Amit Shaha of room-2011 held
- The king who rose from the dead
- Execrable ‘Hope Diamond’
- MBBS admission test today
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- New moon king Saturn
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- BUET students’ call off protests
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Rani Mukerji calls Sheikh Hasina as mother
- Mohammadpur councilor Habibur detains
- S.Africa court rules Zuma must face corruption trial