Prince William`s wife Kate in hospital in labour
Published: 06:12 PM, 23 April 2018
Kate Middleton; File Photo
Kate Middleton, the wife of Britain`s Prince William, was admitted to hospital in London on Monday in the early stages of labour, Kensington Palace announced.
The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting her third child, after Prince George and Princess Charlotte. The baby will be fifth in line to the British throne.
The 36-year-old was admitted to the private Lindo Wing of St. Mary`s Hospital in central London, where George, four, and two-year-old Charlotte were born.
She was accompanied by William, their Kensington Palace home said in a statement. The hospital is a mile (less than two kilometres) from the palace.
"Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was admitted to St. Mary`s Hospital, Paddington, London earlier this morning in the early stages of labour," the statement said.
"The Duchess travelled by car from Kensington Palace to the Lindo Wing at St. Mary`s Hospital with The Duke of Cambridge."
Royal fanatics have been camped outside the hospital wing for several days in anticipation.
A night at the Lindo Wing costs o7,500 ($10,500, 8,550 euros), including a delivery package and two-room suite, excluding consultants` fees.
The baby will be the sixth great-grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II, who turned 92 on Saturday, and her husband Prince Philip.
It will hold the title of prince or princess after Queen Elizabeth changed the rules in 2012 to ensure that all of William`s children would be entitled to the style.
As with their two previous children, the royal couple does not know whether the baby is a boy or a girl.
- UNO appears with foods after tokai’s phone
- Hanging body recovered of a boy in Habiganj
- Maleque for action against shut clinics
- Comedian Eddie Large dies after contracting COVID-19
- Bangladesh will be Asia’s highest economic growth nation: ADB
- Adequate foodstuffs reserved in the country: Quader
- Alamgir’s 70th birthday today
- Rakib’s horrific deposition of killing wife-children like Hindi drama
- Cricketer Salma distributes food of whole week to 60 families
- Woman gives birth newborn in ‘autorickshaw’
- Little Messi’s amazing video
- Magura patient dies in isolation
- US nurses protest over corona protective scarcity
- BCB announces monetary support for employees
- DMP spraying germicide to curb coronavirus
- 1 killed as truck overturned into ditch
- China to ban eating cats and dogs
- Corona test begins in Barishal tomorrow
- Coronavirus could be under control by late April
- Coronavirus: 150 bodies recovered from streets in Ecuador
- Five new signs of coronavirus infection found!
- Rain likely at many places
- No new death from coronavirus: Health Minister
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Over 1 million people infected with coronavirus
- National Film Day today
- Ireland works on preparing graves in advance
- US Captain who raised alarm over coronavirus removed
- Body found in roadside ditch in Noakhali
- Coronavirus claims 950 lives in Spain 24 hrs
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- England plans to return field by early May
- N Korea fires missiles amid coronavirus outbreak
- Thai King self-isolates with harem of 20 women!
- 5 killed, 11 injured as truck falls into ditch in Tangail
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million