Primary students dropout rate decreased
Published: 05:49 PM, 15 July 2019
The dropped out rate reduce to 18.6 percent in primary education. Which is the lowest in the last ten years. The primary and mass education secretary Akram Al Hossain confirmed the news on Monday.
The Secretary said due to the proper steps taken by the government, there has been a qualitative change in primary education. In the year 2009, the ratio of student-teacher were 46: 1. Now, the ratio is 36:1. At the same time, the students' dropout rate was reduced to 18.6 percent. The rate of absence of students in schools is also declining.
Akram Al Hasan said that the pass rate in primary school certificate (PSC) examination was 88.84 percent in 2009, but in 2018 it's increased to 97.59 percent. This is a significant example of the increase in primary education standards. It has been possible due to the good thoughts of the government.
During this time, he said that the Deputy Commissioner has been playing a vital role in implementing the activities of the primary and mass education ministry. He said this in a meeting with Daily Bangladesh on the second day of the Deputy Commissioner's conference on Tuesday.
The Deputy Commissioners appreciated the participation of various development projects, including the appointment of the primary school teachers and employees, the responsibility of the president to recruit the Primary Education Completion Examination.
Recognizing the constitutional responsibility of ensuring quality education for each child, Akram Al Hasan said, MDG has been achieved. Now the United Nations declared sustainable development targets or the implementation of SDG. By 2030, this government will make the best efforts to ensure free, elementary and life-long elementary education of all students.
Referring to the government's commitment to eradicating illiteracy, she said that everyone will have to come forward to form a healthy society through partnerships at all levels. Implementation of Vision 2021 will be possible if we developed our education sectors.
Akram Al Hossain also said that to keep the ongoing progress of the entire primary education family, regular monitoring of field level will be increased. Besides, informing the ministry about identifying the problems of primary education in the inspection, the next necessary action will be taken to improve the quality of work implemented in the field.
Education Minister Dr. Dipu Moni was present as the chief guest. Deputy District Commissioner, Deputy Minister of Education Mahibul Hasan Chowdhury were present as a special guest.
- Repatriation halts due to Rohingya’s distrust to Myanmar
- Mexican journalist stabbed to death
- Do aliens really exist?
- Sub-Editor to be recruited in Daily Bangladesh
- Stokes 135* leads England to epic test win
- Watling, Grandhomme put NZ ahead in 2nd Test
- Miraz rates Bangladesh ahead of Afghanistan Test
- Faridpur road crash kills cyclist
- Hilsa abound in sea, very few in rivers
- Man jailed for honey!
- Purnima demands excess payment
- `If Bangabandhu`s killers brought under trial, Zia won`t killed`
- Bermuda Triangle: Mystery Museum on earth
- Prof Muzaffar laid to rest with state honor
- Two die as bus hits van in Madaripur
- Truck ramps private car, driver killed
- Bangladesh U-15 outclasses Sri Lanka in 7-1 win
- Ex-Eden College principal murder: Charge sheet accepted
- Wari girl Saima rape, murder: Probe report Sept 16
- Don`t go abroad being deceived by broker: PM
- Yield, market price brings smile on jute growers
- Rain likely across country
- HC orders to remove word ‘Kumari’ from Kabinnama
- Trump confident on Brexit talks
- NASA to prob ‘first crime’ in space
- Messi to miss Barcelona`s game at Real Betis
- New DC in Chuadanga-Khagrachari
- ‘DC Ahmed Kabir will be received exemplary punishment’
- Two senior DMP officials transferred
- New heroine with Shakib
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Aghoris: The ‘Black Magicians’!
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PEC exam schedule published
- Kamrup Kamakhya: Mystery of India
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Rayudu promises IPL return for CSK
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves