Price fall in large-caps drives stocks down
Published: 06:27 PM, 26 February 2019
Stock markets closed on Tuesday with downward trend due mainly to price fall in large-cap securities.
The falling major sectors were food and allied, textile, jute and tannery industry. A total of 149 securities of the large-cap group moved down due to lower activities.
The broader DSEX index of Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) closed the day with 17.15 points down at 5,738.64. The Shariah DSES and the blue-chip DS30 also followed the same trend with 0.23 point down at 1,319.73 and with 2.33 points down at 2,014.41.
The daily trade increased to 13.24 crore shares from Monday’s 13.20 crore shares. But the day’s trade value at DSE fell to Taka 679.46 crore from Taka 718.25 crore of the previous session.
At DSE, out of the day’s 346 securities, prices of 113 securities closed higher against 194 losing issues.
The major gaining issues were Takaful Insurance, Provati Insurance, Asian Insurance, Rahim Textile and Sonar Bangla Insurance. The major losing companies were Emerald Oil, Tallu Spinning, Jute Spinning, Legacy Foot and Shyampur Sugar.
Square Pharma topped the turnover list followed by UPGDCL, Fortune, Monno Ceramics and Sonar Bangla Insurance. The Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) closed the day of the week with downward trend with its major CASPI 58.68 points down at 17,534.60.
At CSE, 269 issues were traded. Of those, 75 closed higher and 164 closed lower when 60.44 lakh shares worth Taka 20.35 crore changed hands.
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Priya`s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Tamim to lead Tigers in SL tour
- PM reaches London
- Mashrafe rule out of Sri Lanka tour
- Jamuna devours over 300 houses
- Municipal services halted in Mathbaria, extreme sufferings
- Kid drowns in Gabindaganj floodwater
- AL to hold joint meeting Saturday
- Minni sent to jail
- PM to join envoys’ conference in London tomorrow
- Tendulkar inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- ‘All must come forward to destroy Aedes mosquitoes origin’
- `Study in India` fair starts in Dhaka
- Cricket is not a sport: Russia
- ICC introduces new rule on substitute player
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- Magnitude 5.5 quake jolts Bangladesh
- Humayun Ahmed alive through his speeches
- 13 human traffickers held in capital, Keraniganj
- Lilith’s trailer released
- Death toll hits 33 in Japan studio arson attack
- US sanctions on Myanmar not enough: UN
- Dengue check: DNCC skips holiday-leaves for two departs
- Truck overturned: Mother-son killed in Rohingya camp
- Rishan Farzi on five-day remand
- Expiry date, price must clear on drug: HC
- FaceApp occupies 15 crore subscribers’ gallery!
- Humanity for animal !
- Bangladeshis among 285 immigrants detained on Iran boarder
- All News »
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HM Ershad passes away
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Stay alert to tackle flood: PM
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN
- How to get HSC result
- 3 more bodies recovered from Cox’s Bazar beach