President visits Quader at BSMMU
Published: 04:28 PM, 3 March 2019 Updated: 09:34 PM, 3 March 2019
President Abdul Hamid has visited ailing Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) on Sunday afternoon.
The President reached the hospital at 4:25 pm.
Earlier, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina visited the ailing minister at the hospital.
Besides, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal, Prime Minister’s Political Affairs Adviser HT Imam and Education Minister Dr Dipu Moni visited him at the hospital.
Quader, also the Awami League General Secretary, was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of BSMMU in the capital this morning, as he complained of breathing problem.
Later, the minister was shifted to the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) of the hospital. A medical board, led by BSMMU Vice-Chancellor Prof Kanak Kanti Barua, has been formed immediately for his treatment.
Three blockages have been found in his coronary artery following an angiogram, said Professor Syed Ali Ahsan, chairman of the hospital’s cardiology department.
The condition of the Minister is ‘still critical and not out of danger’, he said while briefing reporters at the hospital.
Dr Ahsan said the minister’s condition is now better than the time when he was brought to the hospital. “But, his condition is still critical and not out of danger,” said the physician adding that he will be kept under intensive care for the next 72 hours.
- Ranu had several lovers, director leaked
- PM reaches Abu Dhabi
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- 448 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque last week
- Tigers face Afghans this evening
- 113 UK MPs criticized Israeli apartheid policy
- Bus hits standing truck, kills 4 including SI
- Youth killed in Lakshmipur gunfight
- Ben Ali: The autocrat’s anomie lit-up Arab Spring
- Singer Aaron Carter raped by older sister
- Nusrat-Mimi dance for Durga Puja theme song
- Google to invest 3 bin euros in Europe
- Bangladesh pays hotel fare for Zim team
- Modi highly ambitious over India-US ties amid UNGA visit
- Polio outbreak in Philippines
- 24 Rohingyas detained in Ctg
- Operations will be conducted in Chattogram too: Minister
- BIMOX 2nd edition expo-2019 begins
- ICMAB holds talks on sustainability, global reporting initiatives
- Masakadza wins Zimbabwe in outing match
- 9 m babies born in unrest part of world last yr
- RAB surrounds 3 more clubs in city
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- U-23 India series: Bangladesh lost to host by 34 runs
- PM leaves for NY to join UNGA
- Arjun Kapoor trolls Alia Bhatt
- Kalabagan Krira Chakra president Shafiqul detains
- Zim’s captain to farewell intl cricket
- Salman leaps with joy as Katrina sets IIFA 2019 stage on fire
- Why Srabanti suddenly in Dhaka?
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Rain-floods claimed 5 lives in Spain
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing