President visits Quader at BSMMU
Published: 04:28 PM, 3 March 2019 Updated: 09:34 PM, 3 March 2019
President Abdul Hamid has visited ailing Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) on Sunday afternoon.
The President reached the hospital at 4:25 pm.
Earlier, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina visited the ailing minister at the hospital.
Besides, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal, Prime Minister’s Political Affairs Adviser HT Imam and Education Minister Dr Dipu Moni visited him at the hospital.
Quader, also the Awami League General Secretary, was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of BSMMU in the capital this morning, as he complained of breathing problem.
Later, the minister was shifted to the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) of the hospital. A medical board, led by BSMMU Vice-Chancellor Prof Kanak Kanti Barua, has been formed immediately for his treatment.
Three blockages have been found in his coronary artery following an angiogram, said Professor Syed Ali Ahsan, chairman of the hospital’s cardiology department.
The condition of the Minister is ‘still critical and not out of danger’, he said while briefing reporters at the hospital.
Dr Ahsan said the minister’s condition is now better than the time when he was brought to the hospital. “But, his condition is still critical and not out of danger,” said the physician adding that he will be kept under intensive care for the next 72 hours.
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- Farmer killed by cousin
- ‘Amar Bhaier Rokte Rangano’- sung by 17 countries’ students
- West Indies seal easy victory over Thailand
- Robber killed in Sylhet gunfight
- BD up 6 notches on global terrorism index
- Bangladesh ahead despite Ervine`s ton
- 4 killed as pickup van overturns in Tangail
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Thousands children pay floral tribute at wall-painted Shaheed Minar
- Thailand set 79 to win for West Indies
- Malaysian Human Resources Minister due in Dhaka today
- Natural ways to improve memory
- Youth killed in Manikganj road crash
- Thailand Women opt to bat
- Coronavirus: 35 infected identified in USA
- Rain likely in next 72 hours
- Chance to control is narrowing; says WHO
- Jisshu in love with Kangana!
- Sean Williams becomes father of baby girl
- Woman’s body found in Banana orchard
- 120 terrorists killed in Niger military operation
- Corona masks first wedding kiss
- Businessman slaughtered in Netrokona, another missing
- SME products fair begins in Magura
- Haaland named UCL ‘Player of the Week’
- Corone strikes Middle East, death toll surges
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Corona in Singapore: Another Bangladeshi identified
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- BUET avoids combined admission test