President urged BJSC members to perform duties sincerely
Published: 09:41 PM, 22 April 2018
President M Abdul Hamid today urged members of the Bangladesh Judicial Service Commission (BJSC) to perform their respective duties sincerely.
He said you have to perform your duties and responsibilities sincerely as the judiciary is the place of common people`s dependence.
President M Abdul Hamid said while a BJSC delegation submitting its annual report -2017 to him at Bangabhaban this afternoon.
President`s Press Secretary Joynal Abedin briefed after the meeting and told an 11-member delegation led by its Chairman Justice Hasan Foez Siddique of the Supreme Court`s appellate division submitted the report where various aspects of the judicial service were mentioned.
President Hamid was apprised of overall activities of the BJSC and synopsis of the submitted report.
The President expressed satisfaction over the BJSC activities and assured the delegate of providing all-out necessary support for the smooth functioning of the commission`s activities.
Highlighting different activities, the BJSC chairman informed the President that a total of 166 assistant judges out of 206 were recommended for appointment through 10th Bangladesh Judicial Service examination in 2017.
During the meeting, the President was apprised of different activities of the university including academic and administrative ones.
The VC informed the President that the BSMRMU is expected to hold its first convocation at the end of this year on its own campus.
President Hamid expected that the students and teachers of the university would play the time-befitting role to gear up the ongoing socio-economic development of the country.
High Court division`s judges - Justice Md Nuruzzaman and Justice Md Moinul Islam Chowdhury, Attorney General Mahabubey Alam, Law and Justice Division`s Secretary Abu Saleh Sk. Md. Zahirul Haque and secretaries concerned to the President were present.
Later, Vice-Chancellor of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Maritime University (BSMRMU) Real Admiral M. Khaled Iqbal made a courtesy call on the President at the President`s Palace.
- 7 samples collected for coronavirus test in Kazipur
- Narsingdi set to lockdown from tomorrow
- 29 fined for violating ‘stay home’ rules in capital
- Agrani Bank officer infected; principal branch locked down
- Youth held for spreading rumors over coronavirus on Facebook
- Over 3 lakh people recovered from coronavirus
- Kopotakkho entering locality by breaching embankment
- Stokes becomes Wisden leading cricketer of the year
- Uthappa eyeing India WC team comeback
- COVID-19 patient escapes from Dhaka now at Rajbari isolation
- ‘Do not visit cemetery, shrines on Shab-e-Barat night’
- Chhatak Youth missing on his way to Turkey
- Popular singer John Prine dies from coronavirus
- Now Cox’s Bazar lockdown
- COVID-19 death toll surpasses 83,000
- 34 samples collected for corona test from Bogura
- British PM Boris Johnson remains stable in ICU
- 3 houses under lockdown in Cumilla
- Father-daughter killed in Jhenaidah road crash
- Nation ecstatic over arrest of Bangabandhu`s killer Majed: Tofail
- Coronavirus affected JnU student on recovery process
- US Navy Secretary Thomas Modly resigns
- Directors Guild stood by drama directors
- Workers killed as truck ditched in Sirajganj
- Farmer who died isolation ward tested negative for coronavirus
- 39 new suspects in Ctg. found negative for COVID-19
- ‘No legal bar to execute Majed’s death sentence’
- First coronavirus case confirmed in Araihazar
- Coronavirus existence not found in four samples of Narail
- One arrested with Yaba in Tangail
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- Narsingdi house lockdown over coronavirus suspicion
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus