President reaches Singapore en route to Japan
Published: 09:45 PM, 20 October 2019
President M Abdul Hamid reached here this evening en route to Japan’s capital Tokyo to attend Japanese new emperor’s enthronement ceremony slated for October 22-24.
The flight, carrying the President and his entourage members, landed at the Changi International Airport here at 7.20 pm (local time).
After over a three-hour stopover in Singapore, the President will leave for Japan by another flight no SQ 636 Singapore Airlines flight at 10.50 pm local time.
Earlier in the afternoon, the head of the state left Dhaka on an eight-day official visit to Japan and Singapore.
A regular flight no. SQ 449 of Singapore Airlines took off from Hazrat Shahjalal (R) International Airport in Dhaka for Singapore as part of his two-nation tour at 1.25pm.
However, the flight is scheduled to reach Haneda International Airport in Tokyo at 6.45 am (local time) tomorrow.
President’s spouse Rashida Khanam, his son Rejwan Ahammad Taufiq, MP, and concerned officials to Bangabhaban and foreign ministry are accompanying him during the tour.
Bangladesh Ambassador to Japan Rabab Fatima will receive the President at the airport.
During his stay in Tokyo, the President will attend the Ceremony of Enthronement of new Japanese Emperor Naruhito and Empress Masako at the State Hall of Imperial Place at 1.30 pm on October 22.
Japanese Emperor is set to proclaim his enthronement during the stipulated time in a centuries-old ceremony to be attended by some 2,000 people, including heads of state and other dignitaries from more than 170 countries, according to media reports.
Emperor Naruhito, 59, acceded to the throne in May after his father, Akihito, became the first monarch to abdicate in two centuries. He is the 126th monarch according to Japan’s traditional order of succession.
On October 23, President Hamid will visit Yokohama, Japan’s second largest city.
Kosovo President Hashim ThaOi will call on his Bangladeshi counterpart at Hotel New Otani in Tokyo on the same day.
Abdul Hamid will also attend the banquet to be hosted by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at Hotel New Otani.
On his way back home, the President will make a two-day stopover in Singapore. On the second leg of his two-nation tour, the President will visit Singapore from Oct 25-27.
The President is expected to return home at 11.40pm on October 27.
- BUET expels 26 students over Abrar murder
- UK Labour makes radical election pitch
- `Humble` Mourinho not planning on big changes at Spurs
- Another cargo flight with 105 mts Egyptian onion lands
- Israel PM Netanyahu charged with corruption
- Event Flow of Kolkata Test
- Nasim asks party men to make AL council success
- President condoles death of Katiadi AL leader Golap Mia
- Tennis Federation GS Golam Morshed fired
- 41st Cairo int`l film gala kicks off at Egypt`s opera house
- Mithila: “There is a word called privacy”
- AI bot beats human in multiplayer game with secret roles
- Syed Rasel named Dhaka Platoon bowling coach
- Why exclusion of PEC candidates not illegal: HC
- Fielding will key point in pink-ball Test: Mominul
- Tahsan new look of Farooki’s “No Land’s Man”
- Nigerian air force destroys Boko Haram’s meeting venue
- Emerging Asia Cup Final to broadcast on TV
- Bourses bounce back
- Don’t pay heed to propaganda: PM
- Bangladesh wins 1st Gold in e-Asia Awards 2019
- Car-Free Street in Uttara!
- BNP failed to wage movement capitalizing onion issue: Quader
- Baby drown in Tangail
- Pope Francis visits Thai Buddhist temple
- Housewife commits suicide
- 22 civilians killed in Syria by Russian-backed government forces
- 89 detained in anti-drug drive in capital
- Players would focus only on cricket: Mominul
- Armed Forces Day celebrated peacefully
- All News »
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- Fire breaks out at Rajdhani Super Market
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Myanmar genocide case hearing next month: UN court
- Messi on target as Argentina beat Brazil
- Graduation at 9!
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- PM seeks larger UAE investment in Bangladesh
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft starts
- Dhaka rope Mashrafe, Tamim
- Swechchhasebok League gets new President, GS
- International Men’s Day today
- Bangladesh now a beggar-free country; says Quader
- Srijit’s talks on marriage with Mithila
- BPL Players’ draft: Who in which team
- Thousands devotees in Lokenath Ashram with luminaries
- Messi-led Argentina arrive in Israel for Uruguay friendly
- Sand-laden vessel sinks in Meghna being hit by launch: 3 missing
- Abrar murder: Arrest warrant issued against 4
- PSC, Ebtedayee terminal exams begin tomorrow
- Malaysia to hire Bangladeshi workers at low cost
- Amazon appeals $10B Pentagon contract won by Microsoft
- 5 dead in Bolivia clashes challenging interim govt
- 2.5-km to be visible
- Delightful 2nd day of Dhaka Int’l Folk fest today
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft this evening
- PM joins gleaming Dubai air show
- Nusrat Jahan at ICU