President pays rich tributes at National Mausoleum in Savar
Published: 07:30 PM, 25 April 2018
President Md Abdul Hamid paid rich tributes to the martyrs of the Liberation War of Bangladesh by placing wreaths at the National Mausoleum; Pic: PID
President Md Abdul Hamid paid rich tributes to the martyrs of the Liberation War of Bangladesh by placing wreaths at the National Mausoleum in Savar on Wednesday.
Md Abdul Hamid placed wreaths at the monument at around 3:00 pm and stood there in solemn silence for some time as a mark of profound respect to the memories of the martyrs of the 1971 Liberation War.
A smartly turned out contingent drawn from Bangladesh Army, Bangladesh Navy and Bangladesh Air Force presented a gun salute.
Paying respects to all martyrs, the President in the visitors’ book wrote that the government under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is working relentlessly to realise the dream of Bangabandhu, who dreamt of a Sonar Bangla.
He called on all to play the role from their respective position in building the nation.
Earlier, President Guard Regiment gave President Hamid a guard of honour at the Bangabhaban.
President Hamid made a unique record in the history of Bangladesh by swearing in as the head of the state for the second consecutive term on Tuesday. He is the first politician in Bangladesh to get re-elected as president after completion of the first term.
He then paid respect to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman by placing wreaths at around 4:00 pm on the portrait of Bangabandhu at Bangabandhu Memorial Museum in Dhanmondi.
He will travel to Gopalganj’s Tuingipara on Thursday to pay respect to Bangabandhu at his grave. On Friday, he will visit his own Upazila Mithamoin in Kishoreganj.
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- Tigers look for Cardiff 2005 encore in Nottingham
- WC: Bangladesh meets Australia today
- Robber killed in Fatullah gunfight
- Youth killed in Mohammadpur gunfight
- Sohel Taj’s nephew rescued
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- England wins beating Windies
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Probe report submission deferred again
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- India’s Maoist attack: 5 policemen killed in Jharkhand
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor