President pays rich tributes at National Mausoleum in Savar
Published: 07:30 PM, 25 April 2018
President Md Abdul Hamid paid rich tributes to the martyrs of the Liberation War of Bangladesh by placing wreaths at the National Mausoleum; Pic: PID
President Md Abdul Hamid paid rich tributes to the martyrs of the Liberation War of Bangladesh by placing wreaths at the National Mausoleum in Savar on Wednesday.
Md Abdul Hamid placed wreaths at the monument at around 3:00 pm and stood there in solemn silence for some time as a mark of profound respect to the memories of the martyrs of the 1971 Liberation War.
A smartly turned out contingent drawn from Bangladesh Army, Bangladesh Navy and Bangladesh Air Force presented a gun salute.
Paying respects to all martyrs, the President in the visitors’ book wrote that the government under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is working relentlessly to realise the dream of Bangabandhu, who dreamt of a Sonar Bangla.
He called on all to play the role from their respective position in building the nation.
Earlier, President Guard Regiment gave President Hamid a guard of honour at the Bangabhaban.
President Hamid made a unique record in the history of Bangladesh by swearing in as the head of the state for the second consecutive term on Tuesday. He is the first politician in Bangladesh to get re-elected as president after completion of the first term.
He then paid respect to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman by placing wreaths at around 4:00 pm on the portrait of Bangabandhu at Bangabandhu Memorial Museum in Dhanmondi.
He will travel to Gopalganj’s Tuingipara on Thursday to pay respect to Bangabandhu at his grave. On Friday, he will visit his own Upazila Mithamoin in Kishoreganj.
- Erdogan tweeted greeting for Shab-e-Barat
- 15-member medical team arriving from China
- 7 samples collected for coronavirus test in Kazipur
- Narsingdi set to lockdown from tomorrow
- 29 fined for violating ‘stay home’ rules in capital
- Agrani Bank officer infected; principal branch locked down
- Youth held for spreading rumors over coronavirus on Facebook
- Over 3 lakh people recovered from coronavirus
- Kopotakkho entering locality by breaching embankment
- Stokes becomes Wisden leading cricketer of the year
- Uthappa eyeing India WC team comeback
- COVID-19 patient escapes from Dhaka now at Rajbari isolation
- ‘Do not visit cemetery, shrines on Shab-e-Barat night’
- Chhatak Youth missing on his way to Turkey
- Popular singer John Prine dies from coronavirus
- Now Cox’s Bazar lockdown
- COVID-19 death toll surpasses 83,000
- 34 samples collected for corona test from Bogura
- British PM Boris Johnson remains stable in ICU
- 3 houses under lockdown in Cumilla
- Father-daughter killed in Jhenaidah road crash
- Nation ecstatic over arrest of Bangabandhu`s killer Majed: Tofail
- Coronavirus affected JnU student on recovery process
- US Navy Secretary Thomas Modly resigns
- Directors Guild stood by drama directors
- Workers killed as truck ditched in Sirajganj
- Farmer who died isolation ward tested negative for coronavirus
- 39 new suspects in Ctg. found negative for COVID-19
- ‘No legal bar to execute Majed’s death sentence’
- First coronavirus case confirmed in Araihazar
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- Narsingdi house lockdown over coronavirus suspicion
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus