President, PM`s messages on World Intellectual Property Day
Published: 10:29 PM, 25 April 2018
President, PM issue separate messages on World Intellectual Property Day; File Photo
President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina recalled on Wednesday that the importance of innovations and creative activities for the progress of civilization and said like men, the role of women in the expansion of innovation and creativity is equally important.
In separate messages, on the eve of the World Intellectual Property Day-2018, the President and the Prime Minister said that they are happy to know that the country is observing the day in a befitting manner.
Terming the day`s theme `Powering Change: Women in innovation and creativity` as time-befitting, they said the women are playing an important role for the development of the country through their innovation and creative activities.
In his message, President Abdul Hamid said intellectual property plays a crucial role for the social, economic and cultural development of the country and the government has been working sincerely for the development and protection of patents, trademarks, industrial designs, copyright.
President also said Bangladesh attained eligibility to graduate from LDC group to developing nation and urged all, especially the women, to work along with the government to flourish innovation and creativity to maintain the present trend of development.
In her message, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said half of the country`s population is women who have been playing an important role in the country`s socioeconomic development.
The Premier said women have been able to consolidate their position in all areas including business and the role of women in implementing vision-2021 of the present government is praiseworthy.
Both the President and the Prime Minister wished success all programs of the day.
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- Tigers look for Cardiff 2005 encore in Nottingham
- WC: Bangladesh meets Australia today
- Robber killed in Fatullah gunfight
- Youth killed in Mohammadpur gunfight
- Sohel Taj’s nephew rescued
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- England wins beating Windies
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Probe report submission deferred again
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- India’s Maoist attack: 5 policemen killed in Jharkhand
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor