President, PM`s messages on World Intellectual Property Day
Published: 10:29 PM, 25 April 2018
President, PM issue separate messages on World Intellectual Property Day; File Photo
President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina recalled on Wednesday that the importance of innovations and creative activities for the progress of civilization and said like men, the role of women in the expansion of innovation and creativity is equally important.
In separate messages, on the eve of the World Intellectual Property Day-2018, the President and the Prime Minister said that they are happy to know that the country is observing the day in a befitting manner.
Terming the day`s theme `Powering Change: Women in innovation and creativity` as time-befitting, they said the women are playing an important role for the development of the country through their innovation and creative activities.
In his message, President Abdul Hamid said intellectual property plays a crucial role for the social, economic and cultural development of the country and the government has been working sincerely for the development and protection of patents, trademarks, industrial designs, copyright.
President also said Bangladesh attained eligibility to graduate from LDC group to developing nation and urged all, especially the women, to work along with the government to flourish innovation and creativity to maintain the present trend of development.
In her message, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said half of the country`s population is women who have been playing an important role in the country`s socioeconomic development.
The Premier said women have been able to consolidate their position in all areas including business and the role of women in implementing vision-2021 of the present government is praiseworthy.
Both the President and the Prime Minister wished success all programs of the day.
- 40 arrested in anti-narcotic drive
- Nantie Hayward named as Sylhet Thunder’s bowling coach
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Bangladesh U-23 team lost to Sri Lanka
- 20 killed in Syria air strikes
- Export trade closed for 6 hours at Benapole
- Lemon-tamarind pomfret fish fry
- Light to moderate fog likely
- Attacking trio of PSG inspire late comeback
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Tigresses clinch gold in SA games
- Man held with gold bars at Shah Amanat
- 25 killed, 120 injured in Baghdad gun attack
- A.T.M. Shamsuzzaman to get Lifetime Honors
- HC upholds verdict in journo Atik murder case
- One held with illegal arms in Aditmari
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham Monday
- 4 dead in shooting near Mexico’s presidential residence
- 3 more gold medals for Bangladesh in archery
- Throat-slit bodies of woman, two children recovered in Rangpur
- PM distributes National Film Awards today
- Case proceedings against actress Nawshaba to remain halted
- Turmeric-powder can remove all skin problems
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- Trump recognizes himself as Israel’s best friend
- Israeli launches Gaza air-strike again
- Smoke haze settles over Australian capital as bushfires burn
- Suu Kyi departs for Hague for genocide hearings
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- Trump calls Canada`s Trudeau `two-faced`
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Former England captain Bob Willis dies
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Salman Khan sunken in Afghan beauty
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Ali Dacoit killed in Islampur gunfight
- Barca, Man United, Juventus to play tonight
- Biman ex-director and DGM detained
- Nepal`s mass animal slaughter begins despite outcry
- 629 Pakistani girls sold to China
- 24 killed as bus plunges off cliff in Tunisia