President, PM pay tributes to Maulana Bhasani
Published: 09:54 PM, 16 November 2019 Updated: 09:54 PM, 16 November 2019
President Md Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Saturday paid glowing tributes to the memories of Maulana Abdul Hamid Khan Bhasani on the occasion of the 43rd death anniversary of the legendary political figure of the country, news BSS.
In his message on the eve of the day, the President said Maulana Abdul Hamid Khan Bhasani is the unforgettable name in the politics of the Indian Subcontinent.
President Abdul Hamid said Bhasani had worked throughout his entire life for establishing rights of farmers-workers and the common people.
He said the veteran politician played an outstanding role in the country’s independence struggle.
The President expressed his optimism that the ideals of Maulana Bhasani will inspire the new generation to imbue with patriotism and the spirit of the Liberation War.
In a separate message, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said Bhasani was vocal against the repression of the Pakistani colonial rulers and played a significant role in expediting Bangalee nationhood.
“Maulana Bhasani possessed idealistic unity and political intimacy with the greatest Bangalee of all time, Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman,” the premier added.
She credited Maulana Bhasani with struggling throughout his entire life for establishing a progressive, democratic and non-communal Bangladesh.
The President and the Prime Minister prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul of the popular politician.
- Mobile internet cut in Meghalaya, curfew in Shillong
- European media criticizes Myanmar State Councilor
- Decision on Rohingya genocide soon: ICJ president
- UK Election: Johnson ahead of the booth return survey
- BPL: Rajshahi, Sylhet, Dhaka, Cumilla to play today
- Myanmar fails to provide evidence to defend genocide charge
- ‘Myanmar’s Rohingya repatriation promise a fraudulent act’
- Khulna Tigers earn stunning win over Challengers
- Citizenship Bill: Cops open fire in Assam, 3 dead
- Kathbirali gets censor certificate
- Painting contest to mark Bhasani’s birth anniversary
- Indian entrepreneurs urged to invest in Bangladesh
- Britain votes in ‘Brexit election’
- BB new Executive Director Kazi Enayet Hossain
- 1 killed in Munshiganj wall collapse
- Twitter backs overhaul of social media to stem disinformation
- 2 killed in Rajshahi road crash
- Mashrafe focuses on next game
- 1 dies as workers continue hunger strike
- ‘Corruption in education sector will be eliminated’
- ‘No event under open sky on 31st night’
- Wheelchair cricketers eyeing to win title
- PM asks public servants to stay alert about graft, bribery
- Khulna to field against Chattogram
- DC’s gift to freedom fighters door
- Recruitment test of BB Officer General Dec 27
- Rajshahi secures comfortable victory against Dhaka
- 13 arrested over Rooppur pillow scam
- Kumar Bishwajit’s mother passes away
- Foreign Minister’s India visit postponed
- All News »
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- Myanmar army chief’s Facebook account suspended
- `Miss Pakistan` killed in a car crash
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- Padma Bridge 2.7-km visible now
- Grand opening ceremony of BPL today
- 500-yr-old eggs found unbroken in Chinese tomb
- Indian rape victim dies after being set ablaze