President, PM mourns death of Prof Muzaffar Ahmed
Published: 10:41 AM, 24 August 2019 Updated: 07:45 PM, 24 August 2019
President M Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Friday mourned the death of Professor Muzaffar Ahmed, president of Bangladesh National Awami Party (NAP).
In a condolence message, the head of the state expressed deep shock and sorrow at the death of the veteran politician.
He recalled the contribution of Prof Ahmed to different democratic and progressive movements, including the Language Movement and the War of Liberation, with due respect.
“People will remember his contribution to different democratic movements for long”, the President mentioned.
At his death, the country has lost a veteran politician and it is indeed an irreparable loss to country’s political arena, Abdul Hamid added.
President Hamid prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed profound sympathy to the bereaved family.
Meanwhile, in a condolence message, the prime minister recalled the outstanding contributions of Muzaffar Ahmed to the great liberation war and different democratic movements in his long political career.
“The nation will ever remember with profound respect his role in the country’s progressive politics,” she said.
Sheikh Hasina also prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed profound sympathy to the bereaved family.
Professor Muzaffar Ahmed breathed his last around 8:00 on Friday at a private hospital in Dhaka. He was 97.
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to spread wings today
- Bangladeshi youth refuses reward for €2,000 cash find in Rome
- Barcelona, Liverpool, Chelsea to play tonight
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Zareen Khan recalls facing casting couch
- BD to host SAFF Championship in Sept 2020
- 5 cops in remand held with Yaba
- 1st edition of Amputee football held in capital
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- Yugi’s lime, a rural art
- Tips to protect your mobile bank
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Sanjay Dutta in TV drama series!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Motorcyclist killed in Bagerhat road crash
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- Zinc factory in remote village!
- Rohingya terrorist detained with pistol from Balukhali camp
- Saudi clears multiple Umrah fine
- AL withdraws candidature for Rangpur-3 by-polls
- ‘Viqarunnisa principal can’t join before 11:00 am on Tuesday’
- Does your cream contain vitamin C?
- HC orders judicial inquiry against Puthia OC
- PM orders to form separate police unit for Metro Rail
- Spicy Fish Kabab
- Idol makers passing busy days in Khulna
- Sunerah in short film
- Youth kills brother for 10 bucks
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Tajia procession brought out amid tight security
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- Rohingya homes destroyed for government facilities
- 2,500 missing in Bahama’s Hurricane Dorian