President, PM greet people on Buddha Purnima
Published: 10:55 PM, 28 April 2018
President M Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Saturday greeted the countrymen, especially the Buddhist community, on the occasion of Buddha Purnima, the biggest religious festival of the Buddhist community.
In separate messages on the occasion, they wished peace, happiness and prosperity for all and success of the programs marking the Buddha Purnima.
President Abdul Hamid, in his message, recalled the contribution of Gautam Buddha, the proponent of the Buddhism, and said he propagated the message of equality and friendship to build a harmonious and peaceful world.
The President said the ideals and philosophy of Buddha can play an important role in establishing peace in society, removing unrest and intolerance from the world and saving people from the moral degradation.
He said the history, heritage and civilization and culture of the Buddhists are profoundly integrated with the soil and the people of this country.
The President said Bangladesh is a country of communal harmony and hoping that country`s Buddhist community would play a proper role for the over the development of Bangladesh upholding the ideals of Buddha.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, in her message, said Gautam Buddha preached throughout his life the message of nonviolence, friendship and compassion for peace and welfare of mankind.
The Premier added his only objective was to build an ideal society of peace and amity.
The Prime Minister said Bangladesh is a country of communal harmony where people of all religions can practice their respective religions without any obstruction.
She said the Buddhist community has been contributing to the socio-economic development of the country for ages and hoped that they would be inspired further by the ideals of Goutam Buddha to acquire knowledge and skills.
The Prime Minister further hoped that the nation would be able to establish Bangladesh as a humane, peaceful and prosperous country in the global arena by fostering Buddha`s message of nonviolence, equality and friendship.
- Make popcorn at home
- Woman teems 4 children at once
- Mentally disabled man memorizes entire Holy Quran
- ‘Enjoy rape in failure to prevent’
- Chris: World’s heaviest sheep ever
- Alia-Ranbir wedding card revealed!
- ‘Nagad’ account in 1 minute
- Govt incentive surges remittance flow
- Goat morsels plant: Youth killed in scuffle
- MPO Enroll: Priority given to remote areas’ insts
- 4 companies fined in Chandina market
- FICA supports players’ strike
- ECNEC clears 5 projects of Tk 4636.80 cr
- No ‘Classical Music Festival’ this year
- Asif plays villain in debut!
- 37th BCS Non-cadre result published
- OC dismissed for intercedes Razakar
- Sand imported from China instead of cotton
- No Salary for 27 months despite daily attendance Tk 60
- UK team meets DU VC
- Nusrat murder case verdict Oct 24
- Way to use body scrubber to get brighter skin
- NBR gets time to report on chemical testing unit
- 157 dead in Iraq protests: new official toll
- Bimal Biswas left WPB
- Hearing on Robi’s due appeal Thursday
- Cricketers’ movement unexpected: Papon
- Amitabh apologizes, storm on social media
- Banning unlicensed easybike-rickshaw in city
- Stop unhealthy race on roads: PM
- All News »
- Pooja Zunjar, new born baby die as family fails to get ambulance
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated
- BUET students’ call off protests
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today