President, PM greet people on Buddha Purnima
Published: 10:55 PM, 28 April 2018
President M Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Saturday greeted the countrymen, especially the Buddhist community, on the occasion of Buddha Purnima, the biggest religious festival of the Buddhist community.
In separate messages on the occasion, they wished peace, happiness and prosperity for all and success of the programs marking the Buddha Purnima.
President Abdul Hamid, in his message, recalled the contribution of Gautam Buddha, the proponent of the Buddhism, and said he propagated the message of equality and friendship to build a harmonious and peaceful world.
The President said the ideals and philosophy of Buddha can play an important role in establishing peace in society, removing unrest and intolerance from the world and saving people from the moral degradation.
He said the history, heritage and civilization and culture of the Buddhists are profoundly integrated with the soil and the people of this country.
The President said Bangladesh is a country of communal harmony and hoping that country`s Buddhist community would play a proper role for the over the development of Bangladesh upholding the ideals of Buddha.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, in her message, said Gautam Buddha preached throughout his life the message of nonviolence, friendship and compassion for peace and welfare of mankind.
The Premier added his only objective was to build an ideal society of peace and amity.
The Prime Minister said Bangladesh is a country of communal harmony where people of all religions can practice their respective religions without any obstruction.
She said the Buddhist community has been contributing to the socio-economic development of the country for ages and hoped that they would be inspired further by the ideals of Goutam Buddha to acquire knowledge and skills.
The Prime Minister further hoped that the nation would be able to establish Bangladesh as a humane, peaceful and prosperous country in the global arena by fostering Buddha`s message of nonviolence, equality and friendship.
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Saroj Mehedi
- Shakib star as Bangladesh beat Afghanistan
- Where Shakib is first
- BNP candidate Siraj wins Bogura-6 by-polls
- Ebola death toll breaks 1,500 mark in DRC
- Liton sends Ikram back by direct hit
- Shakib gets 4, Afghanistan`s 5 down
- Shakib removes Gulbadin, Nabi in same over
- Stocks perform mixed on higher transactions
- Mosaddek gets Hashmatullah 2 down for AFG
- AL has been strengthened by attack: Sheikh Hasina
- Shakib strikes his first over
- Russell ruled out of World Cup with injury
- Mushfiqur, Shakib takes Bangladesh to 262
- Arrest warrant issued against Mila
- Shakib first Bangladeshi to 1000 WC runs
- 7.3-magnitude quake hits Indonesia, no tsunami threat
- Nabi gets Tamim 2 down for Bangladesh
- Bangladesh lose Liton early
- HC seeks info on unfit vehicles and drivers
- 14 killed as India tent collapses during religious gathering
- JCD factions clash at Nayapaltan, cocktails blast
- Tigers to bat first after losing toss
- Argentina beat Qatar to qualify for last eight
- Rail communication to be normal by evening: Secy
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- 14th span of Padma Bridge to be installed Jun 28
- Heat wave may continue and spread
- Habiganj municipality by-election underway
- Kulaura train crash: Three deceased identified
- All News »
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Probe report submission deferred again
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia