President, PM for safe work environment
Published: 10:54 PM, 27 April 2018
President Md Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today called for taking concerted efforts in ensuring occupational health protection and safe work environment in the country.
They made the call in separate messages on the eve of `National Occupational Health and Safety Day-2018`.
The theme of the day is `Healthy Workers, Safe Life-Ensure Sustainable Development`.
The President, in his message, said there is no alternative to ensure utmost utilization of up-to-date technology and labour resources to cope with the open market economy.
The President said it is very important to ensure developed workplace, occupational health and safety of institutional and non-institutional workers to increase productivity for sustainable development.
"Healthiness of workers and congenial work environment is closely related with productivity," he said.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, in her message, said the greatest Bangalee of all times Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman had struggled throughout his life to realize the rights of workers.
"He (Bangabandhu) was the true friend of workers. He had nationalized all mills and factories after the independence to ensure the rights and welfare of the workers," she added.
The Awami League led government has been implementing various massive prpgrammes to develop the living standard of workers, to ensure congenial work environment and health safety at workplace since after assuming office in 2009.
She mentioned a number of steps have taken by her government for welfare of the workers, including, formulating "National Occupational Health and Safety Policy 2013" and "Bangladesh Labour Rules 2015".
Sheikh Hasina urged the owners of industries and factories, investors, managers and entrepreneurs to ensure safe work environment and health protection of workers for continuing the sustainable industrialization and increasing of productivity.
The prime minister called for taking concerted efforts to turn Bangladesh into a middle income country before 2021 and developed and prosperous country by 2041.
The President and the Prime Minister wished success of all programmes marking the day.
- Afghanistan mosque bombing kills 62
- Nadeem joins India squad for Ranchi Test
- Sheikh Russel’s 56th birthday observed
- Death sentence for humiliation of the Holy Quran
- Turkey-led strikes kill 14 civilians in northeast Syria
- Workshop on IT awareness for female students held at DU
- Aligarh University Prof meets DU VC
- KUET admission test held peacefully
- At least 28 killed in Afghan mosque blast
- Semolina’s rasmalai!
- NASA astronauts Koch and Meir in all-women spacewalk
- Education programs runing on tide
- UN welcomes Turkey`s ceasefire decision
- FM calls upon German investment in Bangladesh
- Surge success of Urmi
- Bangladesh maintains all-win run beating Faroe Islands 3-1
- 6 foods that damaging your kidneys
- Bangabandhu Film City will be world class: Hasan
- NCL coaches terminated for not playing leg spinner
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Saif hits double ton, Imrul 93
- 17 fishermen jailed for catching hilsa
- Artist Kalidas Karmakar dies
- 35 arrested in anti-drug drive
- Culvert, the last reliance
- 2 children drown in Narail
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Tahsan not ‘celebrating’ Birthday...
- Singapore beat Scotland in T20 WC qualifiers
- US imposes record $7.5 billion tariffs on European goods
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- The king who rose from the dead
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- BUET students’ call off protests
- MBBS admission test today
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh