Premier Div Chess: Saif SC, Police share top slot
Published: 11:05 PM, 10 December 2019
Defending Champions Saif Sporting Club and Bangladesh Police have shared the top slot in the Walton Refrigerator Premier Division Chess League’2019 securing 8 points each after 4th round matches at the Chess Federation hall room here on Tuesday. -reports UNB.
Bangladesh Navy and Uttara Central Chess Club are sharing the 2nd slot securing 6 points each.
In the day’s 4th round matches, Saif SC beat Bangladesh Navy by 4-0 points while Bangladesh Police beat Titas Club by 3-1 game points.
GM Kovalev Vladislav, GM Eltaj Safarli, GM Mollah Abdullah Al Rakib and GM Ziaur Rahman of Saif SC beat their opponents IM Mohammad Minhaz Uddin, FM Sheikh Nasir Ahmed, FM Khandaker Aminul Islam and IM Abu Sufian Shakil of Bangladesh Navy respectively.
GM Jobava Baadu, GM Mikheil Mehedlishvili and IM Mohammad Fahad Rahman of Bangladesh Police beat CM Sohel Chowdhury, IM Rakesh Kumar Jena, and CM Saiful Islam Chowdhury respectively while GM Niaz Murshed of Bangladesh Police lost to IM Akshat Kamparia of Titas Club.
Uttara Central Chess Club beat Sonargaon Chess Club by 3-1 points.
GM Lugovskoy Maxim and IM Khusenkhojaev Muhammad of Uttara Central Chess Club beat FM Eunus Hasan and CM Ikramul Haq Siam of Sonargaon Chess Club respectively while Nepalese chess players of Sonargaon Ches Club Prakash Chandra and Sonkalan Bharati drew with Tahsin Tajwar Zia and Anata Choudhury of Uttara Central Chess Club respectively.
Among others, Bangladesh Biman beat Access Chess Club by 2.5-1.5 points, Janata Bank Officer Welfare Society beat Sultana Kamal Smrity Pathagar by 3.5-0.5 points, Sheikh Russel Chess Club drew with Sonali Bank Sports and Recreation Club by 2-2 points.
The 5th round matches will be held on Wednesday at 3 pm at the same venue.
- Atiqul unveils election manifesto
- Cold wave may abate in next 24 hours
- Mask-hand sanitizer sever crisis in China
- Chinese physicians in treatment-war amid coronavirus scary
- PM opens several uplift schemes
- 31 killed in Madagascar torrential rains
- 2 Bangladeshis receive Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri awards in India
- 30 killed in Brazil floods and landslides
- Tabu gets 3 cr bucks for 15 minutes!
- Husband’s name ‘Hospital’ in voter list; wife becomes senseless
- 2 killed as truck rams auto in M’singh
- Mango buds in advance spring
- Barca beaten by Valencia in early blow for Setien
- Death toll climbed to 31 in Turkey quake-aftershock
- Facebook notification stopped
- International Customs Day today
- Real Madrid, Juventus, Man City, Man United to play today
- Car loaded with drugs sold at police auction
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 56 in China
- 31 fishermen murder accused killed in gunfight
- Hearing on writ seeking stay city polls today
- Myanmar army kills 2 Rohingya pregnant women
- Humayun urges ThaiBev to jointly invest in Bangladesh
- Myanmar must abide by ICJ orders: Hasan
- Coronavirus can kill 65mn people!
- Valencia beat Setien`s Barcelona 2-0
- Atiqul to announce election manifesto tomorrow
- 1st Bangladeshi woman in US mainstream politics
- Stokes apologized but punished
- ‘Infrastructural developed schools are not good schools’
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack
- Seven killed in Indonesia bridge collapse
- Facebook sorry for mistranslation of Xi Jinping’s name