Postponing gas price hike process: hearing on July 9
Published: 03:04 PM, 4 July 2019
The High Court has fixed July 9 for supplementary petition hearing of Consumers Association of Bangladesh (CAB) against the decision to increase gas prices.
A bench of justices FM Nazmul Ahsan and Justice KM Kamrul Quader passed the order after hearing petitions by Petrobangla lawyer.
Barrister Jyotirmoy Barua was hearing for the supplementary petition while Barrister Ashraf was present for Petrobangla.
Earlier, the Consumer Association of Bangladesh (CAB) filed a supplementary petition with the High Court on July 1 for postponing gas price hike process.
Barrister Jyotirmoy Barua filed a supplementary petition on behalf of CAB.
“The High Court issued a rule against the order to increase the price of gas for the first time. It is illegal to accept public hearing from March 11 to March 14, when the rule proposes to increase the price of gas again while the rule is pending,” he said.
It is said in the petition that to increase the gas prices- certain procedures related to Gas Transmission and Distribution Law 2010 must follow. But Petrobangla and BERC have increased gas prices unnecessarily without following these processes.
Noted that the price of gas has been increased from July 1. The price of a single gas stove has increased from Tk 750 to Tk 925. The double gas stove has increased from Tk 800 to Tk 975. Apart from this, the price has increased to 12.60 paisa per cubic meter for home-based customers. On average, every cubic meter increased by 9.80 paisa.
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC