Pompeo urges restraint in India, Pakistan
Published: 03:15 PM, 27 February 2019
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is encouraging India and Pakistan to exercise restraint and avoid escalation after an Indian airstrike in Pakistani territory.
The statement from his spokesperson’s office said on Wednesday that Pompeo spoke to government ministers of both countries by phone to emphasize the shared goal of peace and security in the region.
“Pompeo said he underscored to Pakistan the urgency of taking meaningful action against terrorist groups on its soil,” the statement said.
After the Indian air force’s attack by Jaish-e-Mohammed on the border of Pakistan, the United States called an emergency meeting.
On February 14, at least 46 members of India's Central Paramilitary Force (CRPF) were killed in a devastating suicide bomb attack in Pulwama, Kashmir. The Pakistan-based militant group Jaish-e-Mohammed has claimed responsibility for the attack. Since then, there is a great tension between India and Pakistan.
- Spain sees highest Covid-19 deaths in a day
- Covid-19 hits Mumbai slums, catastrophe predicted
- ‘Swapnataru’ comes forward in coronavirus crisis
- Coronavirus spreads from pangolins!
- Xavi ‘ready’ to take charge of Barca
- Baraka Group provides 700 protection equipment for Sylhet
- Pori Moni, Siam stuck at launch
- Man killed in Akhaura motorcycle crash
- 29 lakhs tk worth tablets recovered
- Bangladesh to export PPE after meeting local demand
- Garman minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Mohammad Ali Hospital to open isolation center Monday
- UNO to 800 doorsteps with relief
- Pandemic coronavirus death toll exceeds 32,000
- Edu Minister for continue students’ studies at home
- Child drowns in Habiganj
- Kurmitola Hospital to treat coronavirus patients only
- Pandemic corona claims 31,912 deaths globally
- Thai King self-isolates with harem of 20 women!
- 21 doctors for 10 patients
- Youth dies at corona unit in Kurmitola
- Ex-Barca goalkeeper tests positive for COVID-19
- Construction work of Akij’s corona hospital resumed
- Woman suffering from fever-cough dies in Manikganj
- Help the poor people as per your ability: Hanif
- Sequential missile attack on Saudi
- England plans to return field by early May
- AL leader donates 200 PPE
- Until end of the crisis, AL will stand by people
- Closure of shopping malls extended
- All News »
- 40 more building under ‘lockdown’ in Mirpur
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- Coronavirus: 147 new deaths reported in a hour, infected 3,45,289 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 13,000
- Corona death surging to 19000
- Hantavirus: All you need to know
- Former Real president dies from coronavirus
- Coronarvirus infection climbed to .38 million globally (update list)
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Japan claims to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- All govt-private institutions closed until April 4
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- One more dies of coronavirus in Bangladesh
- Italy records 793 deaths in a day
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- Coronavirus affected nurse kills herself ‘to protect others’
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- Shwapna Bhowmick developed 4 lakh PPE for doctors-nurses
- 3 doctors die of Corona in Philippines
- Gopalganj road crashes kill 2 motorcyclists, injure 26
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 5 in country
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 17,451
- Spain sees record 514 deaths in one day
- Remedy for coronavirus found!
- Nationwide shops declared shut till Mar 31
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Now man dies from ‘hantavirus’ in China, 32 tested positive
- Sanitizers free of cost in Bangladesh!
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn