Polls preparation at a glance
Published: 10:04 PM, 28 December 2018 Updated: 10:22 AM, 29 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
In the eleventh parliamentary election of more than 104.2 Million voters, there are 1,861 candidates are contesting from 299(excluding Gaibandha-3) constituencies across the country on 30th December. Of them 1,733 candidates from different political parties and another 128 are independent candidates.
Election officials said, more than 1.5 million people will be involved in election holding activities; of them more than 600,000 lakhs of law-enforcement personnel, about 700,000 lakhs of polling officers and another 100,000 including journalists an observers.
It is learnt that CEC KM Nurul Huda announced the election schedule on 8th November. And on 12th November, It becomes rescheduled. Sources informed, there are 66 returning officers and 582 assistant returning officers in the election. The country has 40 thousand 183 polling centers, and there will be 2 lakh 7 thousand 312 vote rooms in the 11th parliamentary election.
In the 11th parliamentary elections, 10 crore 42 lakh 38 thousand 677 voters will exercise their franchise; of them 5 crore 25 lakh 72 thousand 365 are male and 5 crore 16 lakh 66 thousand 312 are female voters.
The number of the force deployed in the polling station is about 6,08,000. Of these, 1,21,000 of police; 4,46,000 of Ansar; 41,000 from Village police; 414 platoons (30 people per platoon) of Army (389 upazilas); 48 platoons of Navy (18 upazila); 42 platoons of Coastguard (12 upazilas); 983 Platoons of BGB and 600 platoons from RAB.
The number of mobile and striking force is about 200 Platoons (about 65 thousand cops) with RAB. Besides, district and metropolitan police patrol teams are deployed all over the country.
EC officials said 1328 executive magistrate will be appointed in the election field. Among them 652 officials will observe the Code of Conduct and 676 officials will lead law enforcement force). On the other hand, Election Committee appointed another 244 officials.
Among Voting Officers 40,183 are presiding officer and 2,07,312 assistant presiding officer. And polling officer 4,14,624.
Internal observer 25,900 people of 81 institutions. Foreign Observers: 38 (Invited from Femboosa, AAEA, OIC, and Commonwealth). Foreign diplomatic mission officials- 64. Bangladeshis working in the Embassy and foreign organizations- 61.
This time 2,124,554 voters will cast their vote through EVMs in all polling centers of six constituencies. There are 845 centers in the six EVMs seats. Of them 4,41,671 voters in Rangpur-3; 2,94,411 voters in Khulna-2; 3,56,244 voters in Satkhira-2; 2,69,315 voters in Dhaka-6; 3,72,775 voters in Dhaka-13 and 3,90,431 voters in Chattogram-9.
- AL, CPC ink MoU on boosting coop
- Comm formed to probe Ducsu polls irregularities
- Singer Putul got married
- Bangladesh to play Bahrain on Friday
- Authorities failed to ensure traffic discipline: Asaduzzaman Mia
- Quader is improving, to be moved to cabin next week: Physician
- Lalan Festival to end Friday
- 3 students among 6 killed in road crashes
- Probe comm visits Bagaichhari killing spot
- Williamson receives Sir Richard Hadlee Medal
- Tk 40.18 cr incentive for Aush farming
- BNP to be extinct party for wrong politics: Tofail
- 33rd Infantry Div clinches Army Hockey title
- Shakib gets NOC for IPL
- ‘ICT in traffic mgt may reduce jam’
- Five mosques attacked with sledgehammers in Birmingham
- Boro cultivation exceeds target in Netrakona
- OIC invites UN, EU, OSCE to Istanbul meeting on Islamophobia
- Study links severe gum disease to raised dementia risk
- Holey Artisan case`s hearing adjourned till Mar 27
- BGMEA polls in April
- Brave and smart cricket will win World Cup: Buttler
- Sane `lucky` after `vicious foul` in draw
- NZ imam preparing for emotional Friday prayer
- PM for no development affecting people
- May in Brussels to urge short Brexit delay
- Miraz to tie knot today, Fizz tomorrow
- Real Madrid a dream club: Pogba
- Road crash kills madrasa teacher in Kallyanpur
- Final Supermoon of year occurs as asteroid zips close by
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Hidden meaning of writing on the rifle..
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Man’s mobile phone protects him from ‘arrow attack’
- PM invites newly elected Ducsu leaders
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- VP Noor urges Rokeya’s Provost to resign
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- NZ mosque attack leaves 27 dead, Tigers scattered
- Tigers left New Zealand
- PM visits Tangail to distribute RP Saha Gold Medal