Polls preparation at a glance
Published: 10:04 PM, 28 December 2018 Updated: 10:22 AM, 29 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
In the eleventh parliamentary election of more than 104.2 Million voters, there are 1,861 candidates are contesting from 299(excluding Gaibandha-3) constituencies across the country on 30th December. Of them 1,733 candidates from different political parties and another 128 are independent candidates.
Election officials said, more than 1.5 million people will be involved in election holding activities; of them more than 600,000 lakhs of law-enforcement personnel, about 700,000 lakhs of polling officers and another 100,000 including journalists an observers.
It is learnt that CEC KM Nurul Huda announced the election schedule on 8th November. And on 12th November, It becomes rescheduled. Sources informed, there are 66 returning officers and 582 assistant returning officers in the election. The country has 40 thousand 183 polling centers, and there will be 2 lakh 7 thousand 312 vote rooms in the 11th parliamentary election.
In the 11th parliamentary elections, 10 crore 42 lakh 38 thousand 677 voters will exercise their franchise; of them 5 crore 25 lakh 72 thousand 365 are male and 5 crore 16 lakh 66 thousand 312 are female voters.
The number of the force deployed in the polling station is about 6,08,000. Of these, 1,21,000 of police; 4,46,000 of Ansar; 41,000 from Village police; 414 platoons (30 people per platoon) of Army (389 upazilas); 48 platoons of Navy (18 upazila); 42 platoons of Coastguard (12 upazilas); 983 Platoons of BGB and 600 platoons from RAB.
The number of mobile and striking force is about 200 Platoons (about 65 thousand cops) with RAB. Besides, district and metropolitan police patrol teams are deployed all over the country.
EC officials said 1328 executive magistrate will be appointed in the election field. Among them 652 officials will observe the Code of Conduct and 676 officials will lead law enforcement force). On the other hand, Election Committee appointed another 244 officials.
Among Voting Officers 40,183 are presiding officer and 2,07,312 assistant presiding officer. And polling officer 4,14,624.
Internal observer 25,900 people of 81 institutions. Foreign Observers: 38 (Invited from Femboosa, AAEA, OIC, and Commonwealth). Foreign diplomatic mission officials- 64. Bangladeshis working in the Embassy and foreign organizations- 61.
This time 2,124,554 voters will cast their vote through EVMs in all polling centers of six constituencies. There are 845 centers in the six EVMs seats. Of them 4,41,671 voters in Rangpur-3; 2,94,411 voters in Khulna-2; 3,56,244 voters in Satkhira-2; 2,69,315 voters in Dhaka-6; 3,72,775 voters in Dhaka-13 and 3,90,431 voters in Chattogram-9.
- Female UP member hacked to death in N’ganj
- Pakistan face New Zealand this afternoon
- 2 killed in Lalmonirhat road crash
- Two killed as bus falls into M`singh ditch
- College girl Phulon Rani dies
- DIG Mizan suspended
- 13 burnt in Patia gas cylinder blast
- Australia beat England by 64 runs
- Speedy Trial Act for more 5 yrs
- New galaxy discovered by Muslim Astrophysicist!
- IU resumes evening courses
- Cumilla University unveils Tk 42-cr budget
- New evidence on the reliability of climate modeling
- Sun`s history found buried in Moon`s crust
- Textile minister assures to restart all shattered mills
- Actress Bubli critically injured
- Convince Myanmar to take Rohingyas back: PM to China
- Hajj flight begins July 4
- Bangladesh denounces Houthi attack on Saudi airport
- Astral relics of 5,000 yrs old discovered in China
- Bangladesh now at sole height’s political stability: Speaker in IMF meet
- England’s slack batting before destructive Australia
- Australia set a target of 286 for England
- No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
- JP-led govt will be formed in future: GM Quader
- Army Chief to visit United Nations Peacekeeping Mission
- Dementia risk tied to common drugs
- Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
- Action against govt officials if drug addict: HM
- FR Tower: ACC’s case accusing Ex-RAJUK chair among 25
- All News »
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- 3 to die, 7 get life for Kishoreganj murder
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Rainfall may increase in next 72 hrs
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties
- Fire at Cumilla EPZ
- ‘King of Pop’ Michael’s 10th death anniv today
- Kulaura train crash: Three deceased identified
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- Argentina and Qatar set for crucial Copa America match
- Habiganj municipality by-election underway