Polls held very well: Quader
Published: 02:20 PM, 1 March 2019
Awami League general secretary Obaidul Quader said that the election of Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCCC) was very good.
He said this at a press briefing at Awami League president's political office in Dhanmondi on Friday morning.
He said politics is like tides. We are today but cannot stay tomorrow. A political party should not have any ambition to live forever in power.
Obaidul Quader said, the way the BNP started boycotting election one after one, their condition will get worse in the next general election. Moving away from the election is not a democratic path. However, BNP did not participate in the election, but activists took part. Although the participants were expelled, the field workers are not stopped.
Responding to a question, Quader said, the BNP participates the election assuming the benefits. Earlier, they participated in the city corporation elections. Then four of them won. So that was not a matter of worry.
He said that due to the holiday on the day of polls, many people went home, a big party did not participate, and rain from the beginning of the day, on top of this it is a by-election. In all, the presence of the voters was low. But Sadek Hossain Khoka was elected mayor with 10 percent votes in 2001. There is much more attendance than this now.
Meanwhile, the office secretary said. Abdus Sobhan Golap and central executive committee member SM Kamal Hossain were also present.
- Security around Supreme Court beefed up
- Coronavirus scary: Samsung`s factory closed
- Today’s sports on TV
- Bus kills 9 months’ kid with mum
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Faf du Plessis steps down as South Africa captain
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020