Polling campaign ends, now waiting for vote
Published: 01:58 PM, 28 December 2018 Updated: 01:58 PM, 28 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Candidates’ election campaign for the 11th National Parliamentary Elections is ended on Friday. The voting will be held few days later.
After the allotment of symbols, the formal election campaign started across the country on December 10. The campaign ended on Friday at 8:00 am. Before that on Thursday, the candidates conducted last election campaign and sought votes from voters.
Polling for 299 seats will be held from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Sunday. After this the results will be released. Voting in Gaibandha-3 constituency has been delayed due to the death of the candidate.
In this year’s parliamentary elections, about 1.23 crore new voters will cast their vote for the first time.
According to the EC sources, voters in 300 seats are 10,42,38,000. There are 40,183 polling stations and 2,06,707 polling rooms.
Electronic Voting Machine (EVMs) will be used in the six seats for the first time. About seven lakh officers will be engaged in the polling work. More than six lakh members of the law enforcing agencies will be there to protect law and order. Members of the Armed Forces are also on the field in the security of the law enforcement agencies.
According to Article 78 of the Representation of the People Order (RPO) 1972, all types of campaign, rally, and procession are prohibited from 48 hours of before voting. That means, no campaign, rally, procession can be conducted from December 28 to January 1 in the election area.
In the 24-hour polling place, the ban was imposed on Taxi Cab, Baby taxi / Autorickshaw, Microbus, Jeep, Pickup, Car, Bus, Truck, Tempo, Launch, Easybike, engine boat and speedboat movement. Motorcycles will be banned for three days from Saturday to Monday.
The necessary electoral materials including ballot papers were sent to the district. On Saturday, the day before the election, ballot papers will be delivered from the returning officer's office to the polling station.
It is noted that more than 1,800 candidates are contesting in the elections. Of these, 1,750 candidates from political parties and others are independent candidates.
- Extremism can be of any kind: Monirul
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Tariff Commission Act gets Cabinet nod
- Shakib turned Pooran after Lewis
- Impotent injection for rapist
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- Firemen at risk in service office
- Revenue will be billions below forecast: Huawei CEO
- Mother split child`s throat
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem sent to jail
- Innovation of artificial lungs by Mou-Akhi-Bipasha
- Rangpur city polluted than Dhaka, Cumilla in safe zone
- UN to adopt tougher policy against Myanmar
- No gas supply to Kawla, Zia Colony for 9hrs today
- Heat weave may continue
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- 18 killed, 29 injured in Venezuela road crash
- OC Moazzem handed over to Feni police
- Moazzem to be produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal today
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Shahid says fight with Mira can last 15 days
- Tigers take on WI a must-win WC match
- 5th phase polls in 23 UZs tomorrow
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- Class XI admission results published
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- JS budget session begins today
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held