Pollard guides Dynamites to 183/9 against Riders
Published: 04:48 PM, 11 January 2019 Updated: 04:48 PM, 11 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
A spectacular batting performance by Keiron Pollard helped Dhaka Dynamites reach 183/9 on Friday at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium against Rangpur Riders.
The West Indies batsman struck 62 off 26 balls with five fours and four sixes. He also added 78 runs off 40 balls with Shakib Al Hasan in the fifth wicket stand.
The partnership was the main pillar of Dynamites' innings against defending champions Riders. Shakib added 36 runs and remained the second highest run scorer for his side.
Shafiul Islam, the right-hand pacer of Riders, took three scalps, and all of them were in the last over of the innings.
Dynamites stood at 142/4 at the end of 15th over. They added 41 runs and lost five wickets in the remaining overs.
After the first 10 overs, Dynamites were 75 for four. They lost the first wicket when Shohag Gazi trapped Hazratullah Zazai (1) in his first ball of the match. The Afghan, with two fifties in the tournament, tried to cut Shohag away but got bowled.
Dynamites lost their second wicket at 19 when Riders captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza forced Sunil Narine to sky a catch straight to point. Ravi Bopara took an easy one there.
Rony Talukdar tried to control the initial damage hitting 18 off eight balls but failed to continue the momentum. Benny Howell sprint back from his position to take a superb catch at extra-cover off Shohag's delivery.
In the ninth over, Dynamites lost Mizanur Rahman to Howell. Mizanur missed the ball that was coming straight to the stump, and he was given LBW by the umpires without a second thought.
Riders need to score at an average of 9.2 to win the match.
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Man killed in Paltan road crash
- Levitating objects with light
- Movement of Suprobhat, Jabal-e-Noor buses suspended
- 300 ‘Su-Probhat’ buses on road; appro70 only
- Cucsu polls to be held soon
- 2 buses collision kills 3 in Sirajganj
- 2 burnt in Ctg gas line explosion
- No exam till class-III
- 4yrs minor girl raped by ‘uncle’
- Biz ldrs oppose Govt’s gas price hike plan
- US-Bangla starts Chennai flights from March 31
- Ershad’s 90th Birthday celebrated
- 1,221 recommended for cadre posts
- Indian investors interested to energy sec
- HC bans making film, drama on Jaha Alam
- BIWTA thrashes 185 illegal structures
- 9th span of Padma Bridge to be installed tomorrow
- Students call off movement till March 28
- India beat Bangladesh to raced into SAFF final
- Doctor jailed using own sperm fertilizing more than 50 women
- Farhad, Saif powers Doleshwar to easy victory
- Ducsu AGS with student movement
- Suprobhat Paribahan driver put on 7-day remand
- Ardern calls for global anti-racism fight
- Arrest warrant issued against Khaleda in another case
- Fake notes of Tk 8 lakh seized: 4 held
- Not full adults until 30s: Sci
- Super worm moon to rise tmrw
- 4 to die for killing sibling farmers in M’singh
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Dhaka-Kolkata Ship service starts March 29
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Hidden meaning of writing on the rifle..
- BCB has no problem with Shakib`s IPL participation
- Man’s mobile phone protects him from ‘arrow attack’
- PM invites newly elected Ducsu leaders
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Dutch-Bangla service to be closed for 5 days
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- VP Noor urges Rokeya’s Provost to resign
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- NZ mosque attack leaves 27 dead, Tigers scattered
- Tigers left New Zealand