20th National Disabled Day
Policy being framed to ensure govt jobs for disabled: PM
Published: 12:37 PM, 3 December 2018 Updated: 02:41 PM, 3 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today said the government is framing a policy for protecting the rights of the disabled, ethnic minority community and disadvantageous people in the government jobs.
“It’s true that we’ve revoked quota system as movements are waged after pause of some days. So, we’re framing a policy so the rights of the disabled, ethnic minority community and disadvantageous people exist in the government service,” she told the inaugural function of the 27th International Day of Persons with Disabilities and the 20th National Disabled Day.
Addressing the function as the chief guest, Sheikh Hasina added: “We want that they (disabled, ethnic minority community and disadvantageous people) get job properly and their rights are ensured there … that system must be built and we’re preparing that policy”.
The Ministry of Social Welfare arranged the function at Bangabandhu International Conference Centre here this morning with Social Welfare Minister Rashed Khan Menon in the chair.
This year’s theme of the day is “Empowering persons with disabilities and ensuring inclusiveness and equity”.
Health Minister Mohammad Nasim addressed it as the special guest, while Social Welfare Secretary Zillar Rahman delivered the welcome address and President of Jatiya Protibandhy Forum Sayedul Haque spoke.
State Minister for Social Welfare Nuruzzaman Ahmed and Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on the ministry Dr Mozammel Hossain were present on the dais.
- Mild heat wave likely to continue
- Rajshahi growers likely to export 50 tonnes mango
- Drug trader killed in gunfight with BGB
- 9 nurses pregnant at one hospital at same time
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Rangamati
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- War would mean ‘end’ of Iran: Trump
- Snatcher killed in Chattogram gunfight
- Today’s sports on TV
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Blast injures tourists near Giza pyramids
- Simmons to step down as AFG coach after WC
- Exit polls says Modi could assume again as India PM
- Mobile banking transaction limit increased
- Niketa gets AL ticket for Bogura-6 by-poll
- PM host Iftar for freedom fighters and orphans
- Bangladesh will play in semi-final: Akash Chopra
- Pollard, Bravo named in Windies` CWC19 reserves
- Farmers face Tk 11,000 loss per Bigha!
- Security to be beefed up for Eid-ul Fitr: HM
- World Metrology Day tomorrow
- Setaria farming to increase fertility
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- How to pass 65 days?
- Bangladesh`s World Cup mission starts
- Second semifinal to be held at Edgbaston
- May plans ‘bold offer’ to get support deal
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Life-Changing Lessons from the Quran (Part-1)
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Magnitude 7.5 quake hits off Papua New Guinea
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Bringing flavor back to tomatoes
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- Poverty rate comes down
- BCL announced full-fledged committee
- PM likely to visit 3 countries
- Quader returns home this evening
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Quader to join his office today
- Two Rohingya human traffickers killed in gunfight
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- Active bullock cart, crisis of day laborer
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- HC bars use of phrase ‘fake freedom fighter’
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- Secret of sensational Majed killings revealed
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- Advanced train ticket sale begins May 22
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- President reaches London
- Magistrate`s car attacked in Ctg
- Tigers storm into final with emphatic win
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today