20th National Disabled Day
Policy being framed to ensure govt jobs for disabled: PM
Published: 12:37 PM, 3 December 2018 Updated: 02:41 PM, 3 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today said the government is framing a policy for protecting the rights of the disabled, ethnic minority community and disadvantageous people in the government jobs.
“It’s true that we’ve revoked quota system as movements are waged after pause of some days. So, we’re framing a policy so the rights of the disabled, ethnic minority community and disadvantageous people exist in the government service,” she told the inaugural function of the 27th International Day of Persons with Disabilities and the 20th National Disabled Day.
Addressing the function as the chief guest, Sheikh Hasina added: “We want that they (disabled, ethnic minority community and disadvantageous people) get job properly and their rights are ensured there … that system must be built and we’re preparing that policy”.
The Ministry of Social Welfare arranged the function at Bangabandhu International Conference Centre here this morning with Social Welfare Minister Rashed Khan Menon in the chair.
This year’s theme of the day is “Empowering persons with disabilities and ensuring inclusiveness and equity”.
Health Minister Mohammad Nasim addressed it as the special guest, while Social Welfare Secretary Zillar Rahman delivered the welcome address and President of Jatiya Protibandhy Forum Sayedul Haque spoke.
State Minister for Social Welfare Nuruzzaman Ahmed and Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on the ministry Dr Mozammel Hossain were present on the dais.
- Best exercise for your heart
- Truck carrying aid crosses border: OPPO MP
- Golden jubilee of Bangabandhu title observed
- Palestinians’ pray in long-closed part of Al-Aqsa
- Toxic liquor death stood 102 in Assam
- Sanai’s wedding tunes with ex-Minister
- Venezuela soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- PM releases stamp on Bangabandhu title’s golden jubilee
- Fire guilty should be trialed: GM Quader
- Chemical found! Dail 9556014
- Scout for free from militant, drugs: AG Minister
- Snow to strike Britain again freeze!
- Chemical godowns shift starts
- Tobacco use Loss over Tk 30,000 cr per yr
- Our fight is for Kashmir, Not against Kashmiris: Modi
- Vidya on banning Pakistani artistes in India
- 300 vehicles on fire near Bengaluru Air Show
- Mithila again in love!
- Savings Week 2019 begins in Rajshahi
- John Keats recall; Physician to Poet
- Mendis, Fernando carry Sri Lanka to historic win
- Cleanliness crush program in RMCH
- BCL declers Shovon-Rabbani pannel
- Marshall Islands consider radical measures
- NASA’s new DNA for alien search
- Salman Shah`s death report submission date deferred again
- Guaido defies travel ban
- AL nomination meeting today
- Assam toxic liquor death toll mounts to 84
- Mola in ponds improves others` nutritional quality
- All News »
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP
- India shouldn`t play Pakistan in World Cup: Harbhajan
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Shop gutted in Sylhet fire